missed loan repayments

Options
2»

Comments

• a lot depends on your daughters circumstances

You suggest this isnt the first time shes been bailed out, banks do not like people who live without their means, especially those who do so and knowingly take credit to pursue this lifestyle

If your daughter is finally willing to sit down and sort things like a payment plan then she should continue to default so it reaches the banks collections department

If she is simply not wanting to pay but can she should pay

Before a bank lets her reduce payments she wil need to prove things and go through the wringer, the bank wont let her off with luxuries like phones, sky, big social budgets either in her finances

If I was you Id consider bailing her out but asking for repayment on a set basis and making it clear that afterwards she is on her own, if and only if you trust her

Otherwise Id let her screw up and that way her finances and credit files will recover whilst she is still relativly young so as she can live a normal life afterwards
  • jpr1312
    jpr1312 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Wow, thanks everyone for all that!!

I have to tell you that when we've helper her out in the past she has always repaid her debts to us, as will happen this time, but she knows it really is the last time. I will pass all this onto her and hopefully it will reinforce what I hope she has now come to realise - it's a serious matter if you don't keep up your loan repayments.

Thanks once again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport