Car finance and section 75

Note: This is a cross post to the same question asked in the Credit Card forum - I'm assuming that it is as relevant in both places...

Hi all,

I'm looking to use the collective wisdom of the group to help my wife and I out of a spot of bother with our car..

A little over two years ago we bought a used car from a local dealer and all seemed well.

We paid a deposit on my credit card (just over £1,000) and the rest was paid for with finance arranged through the garage (Santander).

Unfortunately, after breaking down on the A23 (sorry if you were stuck in that jam last weekend) we're looking at a broken crank and potentially a written off car.

We have also got a year left on the finance so are in a spot of bother.

After doing some digging my wife has come across the Section 75 clause in the consumer credit agreement and wonders if there is anything that we can leverage with the loan company to help us out a little?

I am concerned that, because this happened over two years ago, it's too late and the clause doesn't apply but I don't know for sure, hence my plea for help on here!

Any and all guidance welcome!

Thanks,

Ben

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business