Getting solar installed Tuesday

Hi folks

As the subject says getting 4.5kwp system with solar edge inverter installed Tuesday

Maybe daft question but if my usage is under my production will the smart meter say zero or negative or will it still show my usage

Replies

• Martyn1981Martyn1981 Forumite
    12.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hiya. Your house will use the PV gen first, so any time your generation exceeds demand you'll be importing nothing.

Have fun with the system. The latest Solaredge monitoring should show when you are importing, exporting etc, and daily, weekly, monthly totals too.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW)

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • Your smart meter will say negative when you're exporting electricity. So if you're generating 1kw, using 600w your smart meter will say -400w
  • theboylardtheboylard Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Martyn1981 wrote: »

Have fun with the system. The latest Solaredge monitoring should show when you are importing, exporting etc, and daily, weekly, monthly totals too.

Just to clarify - it depends on if you have one of the new HDWave inverters installed.
    I've got the latest firmware on my replacement 3680 and I only get the old style monitoring portal.

If I had installed the SolarEdge modbus meter/electric meter, then I'd see the funky new portal you see.
    But at £185 squid it's not necessary until I get a battery.
    4kWp, SSE, 16 x 250w EcoFuture BoB with retro-fitted SolarEdge P300 optimisers & SE3500 Inverter, in occasionally sunny Corby, Northants.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides