PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Tuesday 12th September

Options
13»

Comments

• Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,040 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon - yes, it's cold here now too.

I postponed my hair cut until next week - I was beginning to resemble a blue-a^sed fly this morning so did an opt out. First class was really good despite all my students being on Islay. I came away much relieved that (so far) none are are as difficult as the last lot.

Nurse visit was quick and fruitful too - another quick blast of the freezing stuff. The blob seems to be receding and the nurse took a photo of it for me.

DM has just sent me a text to say she's allowed home on Thursday. :j:j I'll go down tomorrow afternoon.

I think that my septic tank needs emptying, so glad that someone else will do it! My neighbour takes great delight in doing that sort of thing.

Now I've got some prep to do for class tomorrow. Happy evening.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,095 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    DM has just sent me a text to say she's allowed home on Thursday. I'll go down tomorrow afternoon.

Good news!
    I think that my septic tank needs emptying,

Whats a septic tank? Never mind, i'll google it.
  • System
    Options
    EWWWW. Glad i aint got one.:eek:
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Judi wrote: »
    Whats a septic tank? Never mind, i'll google it.

I hope you didn't click google images!
  • silver-oldie
    Options
    redruby, thank you, I just try my best.
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I felt a bit odd all yesterday as if I had a virus and kept waking up in the night so ended up sleeping in this morning which would not have been a problem but the trundle bed and mattress were delivered at ten this morning. :eek:

Just as the delivery men left the grocery delivery arrived so it was a busy morning. Home made soup is cooling so I can skim any fat off the top before it goes in the fridge for tomorrow.

Not sure if it was because I felt a bit off colour but have just treated myself to some online shopping (special prices) and a beautiful long sleeve and long length nightie and plush cover up ( smarter than a bed jacket).

I managed to get a load of laundry hung outside and have battened down the hatches as it looks like a storm is on the way tonight.

silver-oldie

I really admire how well you cope with DH's condition and keep him feeling content and useful.

Gers

Glad your Mum will be out of hospital soon and seems more like herself.

Hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I am now doing the "emergency cover" looking after Daisy, as the carer who was supposed to have her is in hospital. And amazingly, I already know her! She used to be a client of the original dog-sitting company I was with, and she stayed with me on three occasions with them! Coincidence, or what?? :D
    I think she remembers being here, too, as she settled in straight away, despite the fact that she's a highly-strung little thing. :o
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • System
    Options
    I managed to get a load of laundry hung outside and have battened down the hatches as it looks like a storm is on the way tonight.

Yes its pretty bad here too. Its been fine all day but come tea time the wind and rain started.
    I hope you didn't click google images!

Speky As if! :)

Sleep well all, i think i am going to regret drinking my last cup of coffee. Oh well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure