Can I Get My Money?

Options
124»

Comments

• Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    Options
    iNeedHoney wrote: »
    Thank you again, any reason why it shouldn't be signed for? Can you get proof of postage without it being signed for?

Because he can refuse to sign?
    And yes, just ask for it over the counter at the post office
  • steampowered
    Options
    An email is adequate for a 'letter before action' provided that you are sure he'll get it (try to get a read receipt) and keep it very formal.

I do think a letter has more impact though.
  • Samsung_Note2
    Options
    For a £200 claim, the fee payable when issuing the claim is £25. If the case is defended and proceeds to a hearing the hearing fee is £25. The fees are set out here: https://formfinder.hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/ex50-eng.pdf. I'm not sure where this £135 comes from.

The fees can be recovered from the Defendant if you are successful.

In reality, many Defendants pay up when a formal letter before action is received. The majority pay up when a claim has been issued.

It sounds like a very simple case to me. You said you did work and haven't been paid. That is what you would need to tell the judge.

The £135 is post 19.

Judge would need proof...i could say ive worked for you,you have no proof i haven't...neither does he for his boss.
    iNeedmoney...go with the LBA its not difficult and you have nothing to loose.

For those who suggest he was employed..id look at how the security industry works,esp doors and festivals...lots of it is subby work or cash in hand as people refuse to declare it.

Sounds to me he was employed loosely on a Assumed self employed basis...ie Cash.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure