Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good to hear you sounding so positive tete .:)

Did you know you can have 3 slices of crustless for a HEB?

I don't know if you're interested but I use the giving up/ cutting down booze thread to keep the alcohol in check. You'd be very welcome. It's a monthly challenge so a good time to start. :)
  • gettingtheresometime
    gettingtheresometime Posts: 6,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 4 September 2017 at 2:47PM
    Options
    Thank you Kathrynha for setting up this challenge.....one day I will actually reach my target lol!

I think I'd like to try for 12lbs - would take me to 4.5 stone overall loss if I could achieve it (haha)

Tonight's dinner is the Asian beef with ginger & pak choi - it's full of speed & I'm going to have cauliflower rice again with it - had the rice for the first time last night......can't say I loved it but I certainly wasn't as bloated as I normally am after eating rice so that has to be a bonus!

Have a good trip away maman ....tete I only tend to drink on a Saturday now and that's just usually sharing a bottle of red with the hubby & I've certainly noticed the difference so good luck for your sober September.
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Options
    Howday everyone.

Maman - enjoy your break :)

I'm going for 9lbs before Halloween as it will give me a bit of a challenge and will hopefully put me in good stead to get to 14 stone for New Years (I'll be mighty shocked if I do mind but if you don't try you'll never know.

We've had npower sent round to put in a new smart meter so I decided to clean the hob. Only now I've managed to break one of the hobs (the largest one too :( ) as the electricity kept tripping out so trial and error until I found out what was up. Just glad I didn't ring n power for a moan first. so I think I'm in the dog house. But I don't want to buy a new cooker so hopefully we'll manage. Was alarming to see it go up 24p an hour when mum puts the kettle on. I'm sure the novelty will disappear soon with it mind. Gave me an excuse to clean up though too
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Tete_en_l'Air Posts: 7,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 4 September 2017 at 4:45PM
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Good to hear you sounding so positive tete .:)

Did you know you can have 3 slices of crustless for a HEB?

I don't know if you're interested but I use the giving up/ cutting down booze thread to keep the alcohol in check. You'd be very welcome. It's a monthly challenge so a good time to start. :)

I did know about the bread, I just have two slices out of habit and figure not having the maximum isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Thanks for the invite, I'll have a look. To be honest though booze is really something I could take or leave so it's not a challenge as such, just a conscious abstinence. Wish I was so ambivalent about chocolate!

Gettingthere - sadly I don't have anyone to share with, so I've started buying boxes of wine as half the bottles were getting wasted (:eek: I know!), but with a box it's very easy to pour a glass while cooking dinner, then another while you eat, then another... as you don't see the level going down!
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all :wave:
    Thanks for the new thread Kathryn, sorry you are not well again:( but dont be so hard on yourself x
    Maman have a lovely break:D
    Well done to all the losers:T:T:T
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Kathryn -thanks for starting the new thread. Sorry you're feeling so bad. If white bread suits you then go for it and syn it - it's not the end of the world. You need to eat what you can when you can.

Tete - we tend to buy boxes when we go to France but as you say it's very easy to have a glass with lunch, a glass before dinner, a glass with dinner, a glass after dinner - you get the picture. Stick to bottles when we're at home at least that way you can only have 3 small glasses each out of a bottle! (15 syns so very SW friendly as long as you don't have anythings else or like me end up having to rein it back in during the week, LOL!)

Enjoy your break Maman. Can't remember if you said where you're going or for how long? Hoping to get away myself next Wednesday (that's what's booked just hope I don't need to change it again:eek:)

Today's plan:

B - veggie omelette - onions, peppers & mushrooms
    L - ham salad sandwich spread with LTL mayo (0.5 syns)
    D - butchers low fat burger (0.5 syns); SW chips, onions, mushrooms, beans (not much speed but all I've got that will go with chips:D. DH is having steak pies:eek:

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread
    Syns - only 1 planned, as above

Denise
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 4 September 2017 at 4:30PM
    Options
    Thanks for the new thread Kathrynha.

Please can I have 7lbs for the next challenge - that will take me to target!!!

Little NSV today - went to the GP (tonsillitis) and the Dr persuaded me to make an appointment for a general health check, BP, height, weight etc I think it's a Government initiative about preventing heart disease, and she said 'I can see you're not overweight..' I am, actually, but it doesn't hurt to be told you don't look it!

Have a good break Maman

And you Joedenise - hope you get away OK
  • Moneysaverme
    Options
    Many thanks for the new thread Kathryn. I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so poorly. Eat whatever you can keep down, it's not the time to worry too much about off plan food. I'm really hoping you will pick up soon.

I'm another one who can totally leave alcohol. When I was at my highest weight about 8 years ago, I was living alone and came home to a high fat ready meal and glass or two of red wine after work. This was lovely and comforting throughout the winter but come spring I was enormous! The wine definitely contributed. I still enjoy summer cider, pimms and the odd glass of wine but that's pretty much it.

I also learned to make SW equivalents of those ready meals and now can't go back to the shop bought versions.

Anyway, enough rambling, I'd like to aim for 10 lbs for this challenge please. I managed my 7 lb target this time but would like to try a bit harder and hit 10.
    Weight loss 2017/2018 - 49 lbs
  • shiprob195
    Options
    I'm hoping to be in target this time next week. So put me down for a 4 lb loss over the next challenge.
    Slimming world new starter 2/1/17
    :D:D:DWeight loss so far 5 stone 8 lbs

:rotfl:Loss needed to get to target NONE!!! TARGET MEMBER :D
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options

Gettingthere - sadly I don't have anyone to share with, so I've started buying boxes of wine as half the bottles were getting wasted (:eek: I know!), but with a box it's very easy to pour a glass while cooking dinner, then another while you eat, then another... as you don't see the level going down!

Hubby was moaning about me not drinking so he started buying the little individual bottles of wine for such occasions. Sometimes, if you can get them on offer they work out better value than the normal size bottles
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure