Cat got the cream... and is paying for it!!!

Options

Comments

• leimichellecat
    Options
    Lack of forward planning this week has cost me a bit of money, particularly birthday cards. Must sit down with DS and do a Mass card making session, people seem to like his crafting!

It has been quite a stressful week, both at work and personally. And although OH and I have managed to keep a control and made no spontaneous spends, we have both had to talk each other out of wasting money (coffee and lucozade being out no.1 comforts). Just hoping next week will re motivate us with payday and big debt repayment being made.
    Taking on the world one debt at a time!!!

Buy my car outright £0/£3300
    Buy a caravan £0/£7500
    Replace house windows £0/£5000
  • glass_half_full
    Options
    Hi there,
    Sorry to hear last week was stressful but well done for staying on the path! :beer:
    Aiming to early retire in April 2025 - DC pension currently £350k 
  • Poppypen
    Options
    Well done I think you're doing brilliantly. Am subscribing x
  • leimichellecat
    Options
    Thanks both! Payday tomorrow and £250 still in the emergency pot. Paid £1200 this month towards debt so very happy. Next month is a mass of birthdays, including OH and dad. Once I know what I've been paid I'll sit down with the budget planner. Also my first day at University tomorrow, bought a new note book but sticking with my old faithful rucksack, borrowed a laptop from work and walking from the free park and ride to save pennies!

Buy a caravan £0/£7500
  • leimichellecat
    Options
    Payday calculations done, month planned out and it’s not great! Sadly OH and I didn’t have a great pay (which was sort of expected) so will not have so much to spend on debts as last month but instead have put the money in an emergency pot, which I know we will have to access but hopefully minimally. I’ve pulled out the cash for the weekly food shops and filled my car tank up. My bike is serviced and ready for use, so free transport to work! Might even get my legs toned up ready for summer :rotfl:

The key I believe is the stay optimistic and keep that goal clearly in sight (my new conservatory) because if I give up I’ll never get that reward!

Buy a caravan £0/£7500
  • leimichellecat
    Options
    Happy new year! Really happy to report that although I have not been updating, OH and I have been focused and battling the debt! We cleared a total of £3300 so far and put £400 towards our holiday. We also managed to spend some of our Christmas money from family on nice things (our poor TV was on its last legs!)

So excited for this year and the saving we are going to make, we want to be free to spend our money as we please, and have guilt free spending!

Buy a caravan £0/£7500
  • leimichellecat
    Options
    So frustrating having to wait until the end of the month to make more payments towards the credit card, we are making savings and so pleased to be squirrelling money into the "holding account" but can't move it to the credit card as it's also the emergency fund. It's such an amazing feeling to see the numbers drop each month, keeps up the motivation!

Buy a caravan £0/£7500
  • leimichellecat
    Options
    Brilliant day! First I booked out Sun holiday this morning, got the location and date I wanted, everyone is very excited. Then got an email from HMRC confirming they will refund my late self assessment fine which will pay off the balance on my credit card. Makes up for everyone having nasty colds, snotty tissues and calpol bottles everywhere!!!

Buy a caravan £0/£7500
  • leimichellecat
    Options
    :j I paid off the credit card :j

Buy a caravan £0/£7500
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,609 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Excellent news. Well done. I assume your signature has not been updated? Is it now your mum and dad you are focusing on? All your money will be your own from September hopefully. What a great thing to aim for.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure