Joining mortgage network but worried about disciplinary from 6 years ago - HELP!

This is my first post so grateful for any responses and advice I receive.

The story is I worked for for Lloyds Banking group for 15 years and took voluntary redundancy in May this year. Between 2002 and 2009 I was a mortgage advisor, after that I moved into other account manager type roles. In October 2010 I went through a bad patch with the breakdown of my marriage, health etc etc won't bore you with the details but I left some work in my drawer (which in itself was not breaking any rules.) Anyway some of the work was unactioned and although the bank made no financial loss, no customers complained etc etc the bank still saw fit to take me through stage 3 disciplinary. The hearing took place in June or July 2011 and I was dismissed. Subsequently it was appealed and overturned in September 2011 and I was reinstated with a 12 month written warning. Since then no issues, got promoted, got on with life.

Anyway, this bring me to now. I am very keen to join the MAB and they are very keen on me. However I now need to complete the application. I am worried about the disciplinary from 6 years ago. Will they request a regulated reference? Will the disciplinary I had even be relevant as I was not in a regulated role at the time (ie business account manager)? When does the 6 years start from, the date of the offence, the date of the hearing or the date of the appeal ? Please help as I am in such a dilemma over this. Thanks again.

Comments

• patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    I doubt any mention will be made of your disciplinary. After all, it was six years back.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

• I am just concerned if they will require a regulated reference as these go 6 years back.

I'm not sure if a regulated reference is requested for mortgage advisors ?
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,021 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Can you not ask "will you be asking for a regulated reference as I'd like to give my previous company a heads up?"
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,472 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    As you continued to work for the same organisation after the disciplinary I can't imagine that it would be a barrier to the new opportunity.
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    I doubt it will be enough to prevent you joining a network (I am not sure about MAB in particular).

I would have a chat with MAB about it before filling out the application form.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure