Who can work this out for me?

Options
Hi All!

I'm hoping someone with a knowledge of mortgages and over payments etc can help me out calculate how many months etc I have to pay left of my mortgage if I make the maximum overpayments.

I have a 5 year fixed rate of 2.29% and I can pay 10% overpayments per yet.

Starting balance of £80,723.00 and I pay £447.60 per month.

Can someone who is a genius tell me what my 10% will be every year (based on the monthly figure and maximum overpayment per year) and also how many months I will have left to pay if I do the maximum every year?

Agreed redemption date is June 2031 if thats needed too.

I would be so so grateful as I've been trying to wrack my brains for a wee while now but not sure if I'm doing it right.

TIA! Miss Pinky xxx
MFW #15

Comments

• Miss_Pinky
    Miss_Pinky Posts: 56 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 30 August 2017 at 4:44PM
    Options
    Oh I maybe should have said that the fixed rate date started on the 1st March this year so 4yrs and 6 months left.

Oh and as of today I have £60.625.63 left to pay and can pay a further £2500.00 in overpayments for this year (till march)
    MFW #15
  • NinaSwiss
    NinaSwiss Posts: 278 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Working towards:
    [STRIKE]*House Purchase (2015)[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE] *Top-up pension (2016)[/STRIKE] [STRIKE] *Clear CC (2016) [/STRIKE]
    *Mortgage
    Overpayment (50% LTV by Jan 2020) *Clear student Loan(by Jan 2020)[STRIKE]*Save for a Car (2017)![/STRIKE]
    *Making the most of life!!!
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    To do the job properly needs more details like will the overpayment be monthly or immediately a new 10% is allowed.

Will you have the same amount every month so surplus can be carried forward.

Will the lender recalculate payments.
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    In practice all that matters is the payment you can afford,overpayment or saved makes little difference with the the rates being so low.

Just stick what you can afford in a calculator and that will be close within a month or two.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure