Settlement Figure Query

yoshiyella
yoshiyella Posts: 590 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
Dear All,

Was given a settlement figure of £1900 that is valid up until 12th September.

Next payment of £150 is due on 1st September.

What happens if I want to settle the account between 2nd and 11th September? Will it be £1750 I pay or will it be a whole new settlement figure?

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,848 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Hi,

If the settlement figure is valid until Sept 12th, it will take into account payments up to the date you made the inquiry, and interest charges or rebate up until that point also.

The Sept 1st figure wont be included in the above calculation, assuming the next payment is made, just deduct that from the settlement figure.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    reach_iso wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing these details.

None of your posts are very realistic, even by spamming standards.
  • anto164
    anto164 Posts: 174 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I settled my VW finance a few days before the DD was due.

The DD came out of my account, and then put back into my account a week later once they had settled the account.

Other option, phone up for a settlement tomorrow, once the payment has come out, and then validate the settlement figure then, stating that a DD came out.
  • yoshiyella
    yoshiyella Posts: 590 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    anto164 wrote: »
    I settled my VW finance a few days before the DD was due.

The DD came out of my account, and then put back into my account a week later once they had settled the account.

Other option, phone up for a settlement tomorrow, once the payment has come out, and then validate the settlement figure then, stating that a DD came out.

The dd went out today. I phoned up and paid the £1900.

Was told that she will check tomorrow and it should show a credit which will then be refunded.

Thanks All :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport