Reigning it in!

Options
1235»

Comments

• fruitloop04
    Options
    Hi Fruitloop, just been catching up on your debt busting! Enjoying reading about your progress, I think you're doing really well.

Thank you Tea&Kittens! I am feeling really focused at the moment! I am half way through reading your diary, no spoilers ;)

So today is batch cooking day. I went food shopping yesterday and spent £61.86 but £7 of that was on tupperware which I am seeing as an investment so it's £54.86 on food - a lot better on last week! I made some soup whilst I was cooking dinner yesterday for one of OH's lunches and I made so much that it split in to 5!! I am also going to make him some stew and cottage pie for lunches so he should have about 2 weeks worth if not more :) Then will be batch cooking Joe Wicks meals so I don't fall off the wagon again - I only need to whip it out of the freezer - no excuses!

Planned my spending days to get to my NSD's target - spent yesterday then going out for someone's leaving do at OH's work on Sunday but will drive so should just be the cost of the dinner, petrol and parking (going to get OH to pay for parking) and Wednesday when I am going to dinner with an old colleague. I will get petrol on either Sunday or Wednesday as I am spending these days anyway. I should meet my target then if I stick to this!

Will be going in to town today as well to take back the playsuit I bought for holiday. When I put it on in the hotel I changed my mind and luckily I hadn't taken the tags off so back it goes! I am also going to take back 10 ChF (Switzerland is expensive, I am surprised we came back with this!!) but I think I will keep the euros we have for the moment as the exchange rate is so bad. And then I must leave town before my purse gets lighter not heavier!!

I would like to start putting things on e-bay but may not get a chance today with all the cooking! I am now thinking if I have bought enough tupperware....
    01.05.2019 - Re-Mortgage - £142,000 :eek::eek::eek: Total overpaid to date: £15,584.33.
    MFW #52 £9000/£12000
  • fruitloop04
    Options
    My mind is turning back to what I have to do at home/work already and we are not back until Sunday!

I am going to put all my unused beauty products on e of bay, there are quite a lot! Does anyone know if you can put on used beauty products? I have some that I have used a little but didn't like. I have put 7 products on so far today!

I also need to look at switching our gas and electric, our current deal is up on the 3rd October. Done

I need to exchange the remaining euros (dont think there will be many left!) and add into my current account for paying off travel cc. Done - decided to exchange the euros too as it looks like our chimney needs a bit of work before the winter :(

I need to sort a proper budget until the end of the month - this will be tight as we need to pay the travel card off completely. Paid off travel credit card in full :j but haven't sorted out a budget...think it is just DO NOT SPEND ANYTHING!

I have decided the things I can't get rid of/have already paid for I need to actually use to get my money's worth!!! Namely the gym membership and I bought the Joe Wicks 90 day plan and never finished it! Should help with the expanding stomach anyway! The food is more expensive on the plan but will try and pick meals that aren't as costly. I am back on Joe Wicks as of today - done my workout and kept to the meal plan :j Gym tomorrow morning too. The food is definitely more expensive but I am managing to put quite a lot in the freezer extra. I've nearly run out of space in there!

Feel better for writing this down!

Feel good that I have done/started what I intended, that doesn't often happen with me! :rotfl: I'm feeling really positive at the moment and have got a bit of a plan for October as my MOT, Car Insurance and service are due. I am really hoping no extra work needs to be done and need to get a quote from the garage I usually go to for MOT/service costs. Insurance I think will be around the £200 mark but will spend next weekend getting quotes as I haven't got much time tomorrow. So I think I am looking at about £450 all in (best case). I was going to try and pay £400 off my credit card when I get paid but I am going to reduce this to £300. This will still get me to my target of £1300 by the time the payment has cleared at the end of the month. I do have a little bit in my car account, need to look exactly how much though, this is because I didn't pay for 2 weeks petrol whilst on holiday. So I might have £100 in there, will check properly tomorrow, but need to remember I need another tank for next week! I also thought today that I have not claimed mileage at work for over 12 months...I only did it for the first 6 months then couldn't be bothered...I am wondering if they will let me backdate and that should pay off the rest? Will meekly ask the question on Monday. It won't be loads a month but I think it will be enough. I won't get paid it until after the MOT/Service/Insurance but it will pay what I have to put on my CC off. Here's hoping! Laziness is not good!!!
    01.05.2019 - Re-Mortgage - £142,000 :eek::eek::eek: Total overpaid to date: £15,584.33.
    MFW #52 £9000/£12000
  • fruitloop04
    Options
    I have neglected my diary...had such a manic day at work with staying late a couple of times that I was exhausted by the time I got home! Haven't done so well with the NSD's...I have popped in to the supermarket here and there and popped in to Homesense...never a good idea. I did buy things that I have been thinking of for a while in Homesense though and it came to just under £10. And I didn't buy and toiletries from there which is my weakness!

Today I need to sort out my car insurance and use all the comparison sites recommended by MSE to find the cheapest. Last year mine was £220 and got my current insurance company to price match another deal I found (my current company have added perks within the policy such as EU cover) so hopefully they will do that again.

I also need to menu plan for the week and do a food shop. I am not going to give myself too much to do as I think I just need to relax a bit this weekend.

My sister is in labour though so will need to pop in to town to get some pressies (not going mad!!) once we know the gender. Exciting times!

I am going to set myself a challenge though. I am going to set myself a target of only spending £100 'personal money' until next pay day which is the 27th October. This may sound high but we are going out to dinner with a few other couples mid October and it isn't a cheap place so most of the meal will go on that. Baby pressies and one of my friends presents will come out of my gifts account so the £100 is purely for my self-indulgence!! Will keep a tally on here.
    MFW #52 £9000/£12000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport