Toyota Car Finance

Options
yoshiyella
yoshiyella Posts: 595 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
Dear All,

I have applied for car finance through Toyota.

A deposit of £5000 with £7500 on finance and a final payment of £6000.

Received an email from them when I applied stating I would receive an email within 48 hours.

Has anyone had experience with Toyota finance? I haven't heard anything yet (I know it is only been since midday yesterday, patience is a virtue) and just wondered if anyone knew if this was a positive or negative sign?

Thanks,
Simon:beer:

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Why didn't you just buy a car outright for £5000? £5000 gets a very decent car. You could then save up what you would have paid per month on the finance deal over a few years, sell your car, add the money you'd saved and upgrade, rinse and repeat until you're at the point you're buying cars 1-2 years old (because only a fool buys a new car and sets fire to 60% of its value in the first 2 years) in cash with no finance.
  • yoshiyella
    edited 18 August 2017 at 8:24PM
    Options
    Tarambor wrote: »
    Why didn't you just buy a car outright for £5000? £5000 gets a very decent car. You could then save up what you would have paid per month on the finance deal over a few years, sell your car, add the money you'd saved and upgrade, rinse and repeat until you're at the point you're buying cars 1-2 years old (because only a fool buys a new car and sets fire to 60% of its value in the first 2 years) in cash with no finance.

Indeed it can.

Not my question though.
  • jimbo747
    jimbo747 Posts: 630 Forumite
    Options

How can someone be a fool if they can afford a brand new car every 2 or 3 years? I don't buy second hand, I lease or PCP - often works out similar in cost to buying a car at 1 year old if you find a good deal but I get the full 3 years warranty, and I get to keep a large chunk of cash earning me interest. I work hard so I can enjoy things like new cars etc.

That's the sort of saying people come up with to cover their own financial failings in life.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options

Why not buy a £500 car? You can get 10 for £5000 you know... and I hope you don't buy new clothes, white goods, electronics, or furniture either. After all, only a fool buys new consumer goods and sets fire to 60% of their value in the first 2 years.

Oh, and if no one bought new cars, where would your 1-2 year old car come from?
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've had 4 cars on Toyota Finance, always had the go ahead whilst still in the showroom. I've never applied online.
  • yoshiyella
    Options
    meer53 wrote: »
    I've had 4 cars on Toyota Finance, always had the go ahead whilst still in the showroom. I've never applied online.

Lucky you - this is my first go at Toyota and first go at Toyota finance!

Seeing as you have had four I would assume you highly recommend them!! :rotfl:
  • norsefox
    norsefox Posts: 202 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Why not buy a £500 car? You can get 10 for £5000 you know... and I hope you don't buy new clothes, white goods, electronics, or furniture either. After all, only a fool buys new consumer goods and sets fire to 60% of their value in the first 2 years.

Oh, and if no one bought new cars, where would your 1-2 year old car come from?

Your last point is poorly made. Unless of course you're buying this car out of benevolence, which is patently nonsense.

We don't have to be thankful for your kind 'charity'. And none of your points actually refute the argument being made. Clothes don't typically cost £15,000.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    norsefox wrote: »
    Your last point is poorly made. Unless of course you're buying this car out of benevolence, which is patently nonsense.

We don't have to be thankful for your kind 'charity'. And none of your points actually refute the argument being made. Clothes don't typically cost £15,000.

What on earth are you on about? Who should be buying the new cars if that is a "waste of money"?

What has "charity" got to do with anything? It isn't about the cost, it's about the principle. Unless you are a hypocrite, of course, and don't mind "burning money" when it suits.
  • iolanthe07
    iolanthe07 Posts: 5,493 Forumite
    Options
    only a fool buys a new car

But where would your used cars come from if fools like me didn't buy new? Anyway, speaking on behalf of all us fools who enjoy the feel, smell and sheer pleasure of buying brand new, it's our money and we'll do what we damned well like with it.
    I used to think that good grammar is important, but now I know that good wine is importanter.
  • Daveahare99
    Options
    The numbers sound reasonable and like they would be affordable to most. I would think the 7500 on finance would come in at 160-170 PM maybe. Do iT : )

I can vouch for Toyata's. The land cruiser in particular are bombproof. Well made cars.

When I did finance through them it took about a week if I remember. It was positive too.

Hope it works out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport