PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Tuesday 15th August 2017

Options

Comments

• SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Morning all,

Loving all the bra chat yesterday lol

Not much to report here;

- played football last night
    - visited my gran
    - early night

- been to the gym this morning
    - heating was left on over night in the office, so it's like a sauna
    - friends house tonight to watch the Leeds game
    - haven't ate anything since dinner on Sunday (deliberately)

Have a wonderful day everyone :)

Gers - sending hugs today
    Jackie - fingers crossed for your DD. Keep us posted.
    Lainey - Sounds delish, room for 1 more?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((hugs))))))))) if you need one. Thoughts with gers today, have an extra ((hug)).

Well Drs yesterday, OH's bloods test was fine, we have to repeat it tomorrow just in case, but a script for a vile heavy duty painkiller, the full dose has to be worked up to, make sure that OH can tolerate it, some of the side effects are horrendous. OH reports this morning he still has a headache but the pain has shifted from his temples, we will watch and wait.

Sunny morning, rain forecast for later, laod of whites in the washer, hope to get them dry outside.

I went to bed yesterday afternoon, slept for over 2 hours, slept reasonably last night too. Will see how today goes. I have to catch up on the cleaning, the wet room floor is quite bad.

Sausage and mash for supper tonight with the remains of yesterdays gratin for veg.
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Lovely sunny morning, condensation on outside of patio windows and grass very wet though, I enjoy Autumn, but hate the Winter, I have to fight really hard to "stay up", something to do with being born mid-June perhaps.

nmlc -Thank you for the new thread, apologies to those whose birthdays I missed in the last few days. TA - OH and I visited Northumberland and the Scottish Borders in May and we too fell in love with the area. I hope that we can go back, but it is a long haul for us, we took three weeks for the whole jaunt.

OH off out soon and I have a list of things I want/need to do. Must go out and buy birthday cards, one needs to be posted FC today:o

Hugs and spoons to all that need them and I hope the rain stops for those that have it.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,590 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Speky - we're equal opportunities chatters here - any time you want to talk underpants we're there.

I'm trying a new housework regime this week. I hate it, it's so boring so I am doing short bursts and interspersing them with sewing through the day. Usually I do a big blitz to get it over with but that means I put things off because I think I haven't time to do it all at once. Hopefully this way I'll get more done.

We've got 8 days to wait before we find out DH's news with his job, basically he is waiting to see if he will be made redundant. We want it to happen, he has worked for the company over 30 years and will be able to retire straight away if it does. If it doesn't happen I would still like him to retire but I know he will resist it because he has a fixed financial plan in his mind which the redundancy payout would fulfil. I keep telling him that there are more things in life than money, although it doesn't seem to happen as much nowadays I remember lots of men working until retirement age and then dying within a couple of years, you never know what is going to happen.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all,
    Loving all the bra chat yesterday lol
    Speky your such a man! If you wish to tell us about jockstraps on the football field feel free.:D

Stripped our bed and is being laundered as i type. I need to tip Youngest out of his pit. Ive managed to pull our bed out to vacuum under it (nearly killed me mind). I'd have waited for Youngest to get up but he's a bit useless with only one hand.

Lots to do today, we have a tradesman coming tonight to discuss a new kitchen floor and i want to catch up on some tv.

Redruby i hope you manage to give blood today. Its something i always wanted to do but i donated once and it made me so ill i never went back. Couldnt take the risk of being so ill again.

Dumpling i hope you have a lovely day.

Onwards and forwards,

have a great day all.
  • dp1
    dp1 Posts: 1,685 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone
    Popped into town early as I needed underbed storage boxes for my re-arranging. Planning to hoover upstairs and downstairs and then hopefully get outside later as the sun is shining - at the minute!
    Eldest DD is coming home tonight for a couple of nights...as she has the dentist tomorrow. It would make more sense to find a dentist at Leeds, but its taken her all her life to get used to this one! She bit him when she was 10, and he still teases her about it! But she know he'll use cream to numb her mouth if she has to have injections, so would rather stick with him.

Heard very loud squeaking last night while I was watching TV....youngest cat had brought in a live mouse and was chucking it up and down...poor thing! I chased him out the door and then managed to coax him in with cat biscuits. We live next to fields so theres loads of mice for them to chase.
    Well, better get on. Hope everyone has a good day.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Oh i'm sick of looking at floor tiles.

Everything ive done in the house has been to maximise space and ive always had a light coloured floor in the kitchen which has made the room look bigger but every mark you can see. If i go darker the kitchen will look smaller.

I really cant afford to get this wrong...
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,101 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone, thanks to nmlc for starting the thread and hugs to anyone that needs one.

Judi - I had the same dilemma a few years back. Ended up chosing a light terracotta colour with a mottled effect in varying slightly darker shades. They are fab at not showing the dirt but light enough to not shrink the space.

That's my central heating serviced for another year. The engineer was very chatty and rather dishy so I was quite happy to hang about for a natter ;) . The sun's shining but it's quite chilly definitely heading to cardi weather, but it will be toasty in the greenhouse where I need to spend some time this afternoon bringing the tomato plants back under control.

I'd hoped to get a gardener out to my front garden this week, but unfortunately he's had a really bad reaction to a wasp sting and ended up in hospital with sepis. He's ok now but his hand is still hideously swollen and infected so not able to manage to get to me for a few weeks. It's really needing a good tidy up as much as anything so my son, good lad that he is, says he'll have a go when he's up this weekend. :)

I hope everyone has a good day x
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have survived the six-monthly visit to the audiologist. I nearly had to reschedule it; my regular lady is on sick leave, and they'd booked me in with a male audiologist. :eek: Luckily there was another patient waiting for the same timed appointment as me, and it transpired there were two audiologists on duty, one male and one female, and the other patient offered to swap, as she said she didn't mind being dealt with by a man. I was extremely grateful, I can tell you! The lady audiologist I then saw has said she'd flag up my file to only book me in with a female (I had already asked for this to be done, but hey ho) so hopefully no nasty surprises in future.

I'm still feeling a tad shaky though; and that's just the first of three medical appts - I have to see the GP Friday (Dr B, who is female) and the optician on Monday; the optometrist I liked has left, but again I've asked for a female optometrist - and the downstairs examination room.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Ladies, I jest about the bra's. I have my fair share of man moans on here - mostly surrounding my favourite football team.

Broke my 40 hour fast with a wrap at lunch. Could've lasted longer to be honest but baby steps for now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure