Missy's spend £10 a week on groceries get the house sorted & hit this debt hard diary

Options

Comments

• missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 August 2017 at 10:31AM
    Options
    Thanks Lauren, I'm hoping to make my own pizza have lots of pepperoni in the freezer. The jam I'm going to make is plum, picked from the tree out the front, so the only cost is sugar and I can try and use the solar power for the induction job, so be about 59p for 3-4 jars :) hopefully.

Have hit the ground running this morning,

Have cleaned all three bathrooms/toilets, just need to do the floors, have also done two lots of washing. Ironing pile is no longer and t-shirts no longer need ironing!!!! Yaaaaay!!! Small ones to get dressed and then our aldi trip! Really apprehensive about it, never tried to shop with such a tight budget. Need to stay strong and just follow my list..... Bit tricky wth two small ones in tow. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Wow kittychick those recipes sound delish. Don't have chipotle or mango chutney, but think I may have a little wiggle room next week so will see if I can get some!
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Another good place for recipes is Elaines blog (mortgage free in three) I still use quite a few of hers every week!

As for your to do list wow!

Breaking it down into smaller chunks will make it not feel as over powering, ie set your time do 15 mins then stop and play with the kids/have a cuppa etc then another 15 mins

Good luck at supermarket you can do it x
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Thanks Hidden! Hmmm Aldi shop did NOT go to plan, will post in a minute, once I've sorted washing :o
  • charlies_tribe
    Options
    Missmoo81, I have still got 2 pages to catch up on since I went to work Friday afternoon but wanted to say good luck, I too use more than that in bread and milk but looks like your doing great.
    LBM in April 17 - £14998/£33554 (44.6%) paid. Mortgage@1 June 18 = £9935/£76350 paid.Total debt @june 18 £102311 now £84972GC Jan £40.99/£500 2021 declutter 85/2021 items 0/20 bags clothes
  • missymoo81
    edited 13 August 2017 at 1:59PM
    Options
    Hey Charlie's tribe. Thanks for posting. Bread isn't too bad there is 22 slices in a loaf so 66 slices for me And the small ones. So stretches quite well. Milk is different though, as I've come to realise!

Ok so aldi. List was like this:

Bananas x 10 120
    Bread x 3 105
    Beans 23
    Carrots 44
    Passata 35
    Tomatoes 29
    Frozen Broccoli 89
    Sugar 59
    Milk 145
    Marg 69
    Porridge 75
    Potatoes 145
    Leeks 89

But, two things came about, I realised just before I left we had about 3kg of potatoes so didn't need to buy them but didn't have many onions so swapped. But aldi had run out of porridge oats. And the prices were different from on mysupermarket, so had to do some thinking on my feet. What we actually got was:

2 X 4 pt milk 1.98
    Frozen broccoli 89p
    Beans 23p
    Chopped tomatoes 29p
    Marg 69p
    Passata 35p
    Sugar 55p
    Carrots 44p
    Leeks 85p
    Basil plant 65p:o
    15 eggs 1.19
    3 X bread 1.05
    10 X bananas 1.30
    Total spend £10.97:o

So had to use up nearly £1 of my contingency, but I was hoping for £10 something so I don't feel too bad.

I thought the eggs would come in super handy for Yorkshire puddings, omlette for quick dinner and cakes, and they'll last. Basil was an indulgence I know. But have 2 lovely recipes that use it and I have everything else and i thought I could plant it in the garden.... :on. As for the milk.... Aldi only do 6 pints in semi skimmed milk and as j picked it up Roo informed me he doesn't like semi skimmed milk. I vaguely remember him saying that when I tried to give him it before. He can tell too! So I had to get 2 4pts which to be honest is more realistic and means I can use some in cakes and the soup etc.

Have also done the dishwasher put away all of OH's now not needing to be ironed t-shirts, and I have stripped and washed and changed the small ones beds. Along with obviously putting the shopping Away. Was really chuffed Roo and May were so well behaved round there, and really helpful loading things into the trolley. And didn't need to bribe them with costalot coffee like I normally do in tescos!
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    I think thats a really good list!!

You've done really well!
  • missymoo81
    edited 13 August 2017 at 2:57PM
    Options
    Thanks hidden! I'm a little pleased with myself that I didn't go too far over. Was very cross about the rise in bananas 1p per banana when we eat 14 a week. Only 14p but makes all the difference!
    Have just dealt with all of the pears, there were 100! I have some that are needing to be eaten or made into pies. Need to deal with the plums as found a mouldy one! Feeing really overwhelmed and apprehensive at the moment. Not at all helped by having to go next door and thank them for the pears, I'm not great with people I don't know well. And have found that May has grown out of her trainers!!!!! Need to find her another pair and wellies before school. Not going to worry about that until after the 23rd when new months budget starts. But still don't need that right now.
  • missymoo81
    Options
    List so far...
    Clean out fridge - done
    Sort pears and store - done
    Go shopping with small ones in tow :eek: - done
    Make soup
    Make cakes
    Make rolls
    Make pizza bases
    Roast veg (trying to fill oven up!)
    Wash ironing pile as been in there ages and hopefully won't need ironing!:o - done
    Make jam
    eBay stuff :o
    Apply for CC - really need to do this!!!
    Clean all toilets and bathrooms :eek: - done
    Hoover downstairs and wash floor
    Try not to spend any money apart from shopping £10 - done £10.97
    Clean cupboard doors
    Clean cooker top
    Clean outside of fridge
    Wash babies bedding - done
    Unload and reload DW - done
    Sort out mountains of fruit in fridge, have plums, pears, blackberries, cherries and apples!
    Dust
    Sort stuff for charity
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Am properly stressing....just realised May actually needs 2 pairs of trainers, one for home and one for PE. Have just stuck her old ones in the washing machine in the hope they come up clean enough to eBay!

Also stressing about my huge list. Trying to be sensible about what has to be done today.... eBay has to be done today as I know Sunday is a good selling day..... I need to make soup for dinner, and I really need to make jam and cakes. Not sure how I'm even going to fit all that in! :cry:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure