Trustee meeting-Help?

Options
I was declared bankrupt on 19/02/07.I was informed last week that trustee was appointed to deal with my case and he asked for a meeting. It’ll be next week at home.
Does anyone know what type of questions who would be asking?
I was hoping to be discharged soon but I won’t be probably.
Any info is welcomed! Thanks

Comments

• tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry I can't help with this one but I am sure someone will be along soon with more experiance to help you.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • owetoomuch
    owetoomuch Posts: 210 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry cant help, but I had a trustee appointed within a month of going BR and they have only written to me about my IPA, no meetings or anything. Sorry.
    Went BR 25th May 2007 at 12.33, OR Interview now done. :eek: BSC No 88
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Seems a bit 'late in the day' for your trustee to be requesting a meeting. :confused:
    As you are almost 8 months into your bankruptcy period, it could be to discuss anything, including:

- a revision of any IPA/IPO, assuming one has been imposed, prior to discharge.

- Trustee's vested interest in any property you may own.

- any questionable aspects of OR's investigation that could result in the imposition of a BRO/BRU.

In fairness, when a Trustee was appointed to deal with my case, they sent me loads of forms, very similar to those that I had filled in for my OR meeting. I did inform them that I had given ALL this information to the OR, yet they still asked me to fill it all in again 'so that they may gain a better understanding of my case'.

There is another possibility, but I stress this is probably my suspicious mind working overtime, but my Trustee, in his first letter to me, did ask me if I had considered an IVA, as a possibility for an 'annulmeent' of my bankruptcy.
    As Trustees are, invariably, Insolvency Practitioners, Heaven forbid that they should even be considering ways in which they could be earning more fees out of your situation.
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    rog2 wrote: »
    There is another possibility, but I stress this is probably my suspicious mind working overtime, but my Trustee, in his first letter to me, did ask me if I had considered an IPA, as a possibility for an 'annulmeent' of my bankruptcy.
    As Trustees are, invariably, Insolvency Practitioners, Heaven forbid that they should even be considering ways in which they could be earning more fees out of your situation.

I assume you mean IVA rog2? I keep typing the wrong one, and then have to go back and edit.:o

I agree, there are just way too many possible reasons for a Trustee meeting to called. If we don't know a lot more about the BR circumstances we can't even start to advise or suggest anything.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • bluejulie
    bluejulie Posts: 282 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
    Yes, I had to give more details of the BR.I haven't received any papers to fill in.
    There is a property to be sold and probably this is the main reason for the meeting. I’ve been owner for one year only and decided not to keep the flat which is in mine and my ex-husband’s name. I don’t live in the property any longer.
    I work only part time and I could not afford any IVA payments.
    I will write again after the meeting.
    Does anyone know if a discharge can be after 12 months period or it’s usually before?
    Thanks!
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    boo-boo wrote: »
    Does anyone know if a discharge can be after 12 months period or it’s usually before?

Discharge will not be later than 12 months, and is, in most cases earlier.
    If there are anomalies/illegalities associated with your bankruptcy, these would, normally be dealt with by the imposition of a BRO (Bankruptcy Restriction Order) which would have the effect of prolonging some of the restrictions imposed during your bankruptcy period - but not all.
    You will, however, still be accountable to the Trustee, with regard to your assetts, after your discharge.
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • bluejulie
    bluejulie Posts: 282 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Just to say my trustee meeting went OK today.He was very nice and questions were about selling my property.He was helpful and even said that I should've been discharged as my case is straightforward.
    Thanks everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport