Options

Comments

• lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,779 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Still here subscribed
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,988 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Happy new diary, I found your diary via your blog a long time ago and have loved to read of chooks, dogs, plants, gardens windy ones and less so, adventures, a wedding, a move (not in that order) etc.

Great list, I am sure you will soon be ticking off loads of things.
    Subscribing.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    What is DD up to now?
    Holiday or slightly longer?
    Scary. My DS is 24 soon & about to start Masters next month.
    How the bleep did that happen!!!
    Where does the time go Beanie - good luck with that masters - DD is going into final year of uni and off to nz to see dad before the crazy begins - she's back end of month.

DS is out there cooking and looking to head to the alps again for another season of boarding and chalet work.

I think one thing has struck me what people don't tell you when you have kids 17 months apart - they do the whole fly the nest thing at almost the same time. Tots unfair like.

:rotfl:
    sistercas wrote: »
    Popped in to say good luck with it all , have subscribed and shall look forward to following you x

Hey up me lass nice to see you on here and please don't be a stranger - :) thanks for the good cheer.
    Time does indeed fly! :eek:

I'm am finding my own life very dull without chickens, and I've never even had any :rotfl: Every house we view I find myself finding a location for the chickens before I even check bedrooms :rotfl: Hope you get some more girls soon :j

Ooh, visiting our local botanical gardens hey?? You will let me know when, won't you? We have spare rooms now and everything should you need them :D :j

I thought of you as I made foraged blackberry jam this morning :D

Our blackberries are still wee green bullets - I like you lot in the south - makes me know what's coming we do like a bit of bramble jam. As for chickens cheery you were born to have chickens = you'll find the right place I'm sure soon. I may be down at Aunty Wik, so may pop over for the day although a nice lovely bed does sound good. HG raves about your BG so fingers crossed. And, it will give me mega brownie points at work - as himself and I are VERY VERY different kind of gardeners.

He loathes all things edible :eek::eek::eek::eek:

What did I get myself into.:rotfl: taking a 'proper posh job'.
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    lucielle wrote: »
    Still here subscribed
    L
    Hey L hope you and yours are fine and dandy - and only good things are occurring.

:D
    maddiemay wrote: »
    Happy new diary, I found your diary via your blog a long time ago and have loved to read of chooks, dogs, plants, gardens windy ones and less so, adventures, a wedding, a move (not in that order) etc.

Great list, I am sure you will soon be ticking off loads of things.
    Subscribing.

Hey Maddie hope the garden is good and splendid? I'm finding it hard to find a writing voice at the moment - job is very erm, HARD, and brain and body are frazzled when I get home. I've become a huge fan of instagram at least when I have nae words there are still daft dogs and bonnie gardens to see.

Still loving being here in the kingdom - which is windy but NOT QUITE that windy. Gardening is still challenging but not of epic proportions anymore and I do have my own garden now, as well as the humungous work one which is ace. Garden at work, garden at home. Perfect combo.

I have been known to come home and garden by torchlight too :)

Lovely to see you all and for the lovely woo hoos.
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Was chatting to one of the lovely housekeepers at work today - who is also 50 next year - there is a suggestion of a wee joint party. I'm not really a party kinda gal, but she then went on to say about a wee costume party.................that got my ears paying attention.

We couldn't, but perhaps we could? Would be the potential to host at work (she does have the keys.....:D) - well wouldnt' that be just ridiculous (and free........) and they do throw a good party there.

Of course we both agreed neither of us actually believe we can be 50. I was out on my bike about 5 minutes ago and playing in the mud.

*Ponders*
  • Lemon_Tree
    Lemon_Tree Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Found you trying to not read too much into my finding the last.dieary and then you starting a shiny new one lol
    Would love to be part of no. 25
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    am with you all the way to 50, apart from the chickens. birds terrify me!
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    What an amazing job...to garden at work and home! Your list looks interesting and fun, especially the getting chickens. I used to have some til the fox got them but they are fascinating creatures.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Lemon_Tree wrote: »
    Found you trying to not read too much into my finding the last.dieary and then you starting a shiny new one lol
    Would love to be part of no. 25

Like I'd ever hide from you LT - the wee ones would find me in a millisecond - I need more focus. Or something :) was visiting a chum with tiddlers the other day and they call me aunty wellyboots - makes me giggle so much. And no 25 indeed why not I'd be honoured.

All that chat of surveys on your diary has me thinking I'm sure I'm at about £20 on yougov must check its that or onepoll - I can't mind - will check thanks for reminding me - I'm giving myself a hard time about doing none of these but I think if I'm honest - Im' hardly at a PC anymore so I'll see if I can net the money from the one I need to and look into online selling or something I think I have a whole VW camper exhaust system in the shed and various bits of stuff we really don't need. So thanks for the mental push :T
    am with you all the way to 50, apart from the chickens. birds terrify me!

Thanks INOD - pity about the birds, they're so funny. But, I'm terrified of bees, in my job that's not clever. I have learnt to be fascinated by them and not scarper everytime I see one - I'd not get much done if I did. My BF is terrified of the chooks so stands looking at them from the gate. Hope you have a great day today.
    What an amazing job...to garden at work and home! Your list looks interesting and fun, especially the getting chickens. I used to have some til the fox got them but they are fascinating creatures.

Sorry to hear about your chickens, that must have been tough - we've foxes around but three years here with chooks and we've been lucky I think. We do have two terriers though despite being afraid of chickens (yes really) might have helped with a fox but I just don't know.

Its a muddy job but someone has to do it Honeysucklelou :D I've gardened my whole life since I was a tot, just for fun, was only when life went a bit peculiar and I found myself alone with two tiny tots when I was 30, wondering what to do to keep pennies coming in and my sanity afloat - so I had a career change. Never looked back.:D
  • Pippilongstocking
    Pippilongstocking Posts: 16,336 Forumite
    edited 7 August 2017 at 5:32PM
    Options
    So morning lands

Went to a jam with TRG {The Rock God} last night, was fun, and free.

TOIL day today as I worked the weekend, still finding it odd that you get paid time off and holidays - not quite made the mental switch from self employed to employed yet.

List for today to push toward debt free half centenary.

Make a budget
    Set up one of online accounts as petrol account - that gives me my two main spends with budgets grub and petrol
    Forage through fridge and tidy it up, freeze or cook anything looking like it might pass out
    Check banks
    Gently remind DS that he's not paid anything towards my cards (loan to him) since May
    Harvest rasps (again)
    Have a think and a wee stoory {look} round to see what's lurking in sheds and alike that might be sold (thanks LT) to help pay off the debt sooner.

We need a few toiletries, so might hit a £1 shop later for some supplies.
    We also need some fruit - himself is getting a bit sick of rasps for the now - will freeze those for a bit.

Grass also needs cut but its sunny/soggy will see if I can get to that later. I'm pondering a rethink of my own garden might get the crayons out later and have a bash at a rethink - digging a pond (27 wheelbarrows into a 100+ excavation) and I've oodles of plants to move. Been told I can use the prop benches at work so that's maybe another debt clearing option. Baby plants, but I'm mindful I have limited time.

Speaking of time - kettle is a boiling.

Have a good one I'm off to make a cuppa and check out banks and try and do a budget.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business