BT Lowell & BPO - Please help!

Options
I called Lowell regarding a CCJ that was showing active on my partners credit file. He thought it had been paid so I wanted to check why it was still showing active on Noddle.

Anyway, when I called them they started saying that he owes them for a BT bill from 2013. He hasn't got any correspondence relating to this but believes it was from a business address which was closed down so possibly these charges are for failures to pay for the remainder of the contract rather than services actually used if that makes sense.

They then say that BPO have taken this over and we need to contact them about this. So therefore I decided to call BT themselves to try and establish what the bill is in respect of and what it consists of. BT have told me that the debt was written off and they sold it to Lowell in Oct 2016. I asked them for details of what this bill relates to and the details of this and they have confirmed that they don't have any details of this. This has been escalated however and someone is meant to be calling me back.

Lowell do not have my partners current address. I would like some guidance on how best to proceed with this. At last check nothing is showing on his credit file but I know how unscrupulous these guys are. Please could anyone offer some advice on this please before I make contact with them. My main concern is that I don't want anything going on his credit file as already in the process of challenging another CCJ on his record which has been incorrectly applied. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure