Competent Person Scheme (CPS) in NI - bathrooms/plumbing

edited 21 July 2017 at 1:34AM in N. Ireland
1 reply 1.5K views
PossomPossom Forumite
433 Posts
edited 21 July 2017 at 1:34AM in N. Ireland
I was considering having new bathroom fittings installed i.e. new bath/shower/basin/toilet plus getting an inline fan installed for the bathroom.

Online, I've read:
Competent person schemes are a way for tradespeople to prove their ability to carry out certain work to required standards, instead of you applying for building regulations approval.

It appears that if a member of a competent person scheme is used then I am not required to apply for approval.

Is there a competent person scheme for plumbers/builders in Northern Ireland that can be checked online? I can find plenty for England, but can't seem to locate this for NI.

I did check in the lower left corner of the website below for plumbers in both Down & Antrim - this brought up zero results.



This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Lloyds Bank wrongly declares customer dead

Account was closed due to a misreading

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ buildings insurance quotes & cashback

MSE Guides

£12 for 1L Baileys

Available at Tesco, Morrisons & Asda

MSE Deals