Torn in two

My wife and I have worked hard all our life and have done ok we will soon be moving to Fuerteventura to stay and become Spainish residents my 26 year old son has a great job and is staying in our house I would like to give him title but although we have made provision for him in our UK and Spanish wills my solicitor says never do this,but I feel I am letting him down.I would like to make it clear that there is no tax or care avoidance as we have provision for this.Is there more cons than pros in signing over or is there another way to make him feel more secure in his home.


This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards