PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Monday 17 July 2017

Options
nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 17 July 2017 at 6:26AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Monday 17 July 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Judi - hugs x

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Sun shining already warm here, washing ready to go out on the line, will need to water the plants too.

DH up and gone to work stupid stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit.

Lunch yesterday was bbq at mum and dads, food was lovely as always. Dinner tonight is fish, chips/jacket potato, beans/veg - but there's other food left from yesterday in the fridge so that may change, I'll make a decision when I get in from work - may depend how busy we've been and how I feel about cooking! Although I know I'm working a different job this afternoon in an office on my own, so I find that less stressful, but I know a lot of my colleagues don't.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    Thanks for the thread nmlc, hugs to those in need.
    Flying visit from me as we are on solar power and I cannot charge my laptop and it's almost flat.
    Last week of term and it cannot go fast enough for me.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Quick post from me too to say thinking of you Judi x

Have a good day all and take care x
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :hello:

Thank you nmlc for starting the thread x
    Hope you get some good news soon Judi, you must be out of your mind with worry xx

It's a bright and sunny morning here. I got up with Steve as I needed a shower and to get dressed as we have the plumber coming to fix the toilet this morning. Lilly was up reading a book when we came downstairs and she said she had been up all night as she couldn't sleep. She has gone back to bed now so I don't expect to see much of her today.

Phoebe and Becky are hopefully going off to school this morning and I have to pop to the post office to charge up my key for the electric. I have also ordered as Asda delivery but that isn't until this evening as it was the cheapest slot.

I will make myself an omelette later for breakfast when my tum wakes up. I'm not sure what to cook for tea though, I will have to go and have a rummage in the freezer and see what I can find. Fingers crossed there will be some sausages in there as I have a hankering for sausage and mash.

Becky's therapist is coming to see her this afternoon so I will have to tidy up a bit and run the hoover round. Still haven't heard about when Phoebe's therapy starts. Hopefully we will get a letter this week. My lovely cmht lady wants me to see my psychiatrist soon as she has some concerns but I am putting it off for as long as possible as we don't get on. I feel mostly ok anyway just tired as I am not sleeping too well.

Becky has just come downstairs looking awful so she won't be going to school again today. I've sent her back to bed and hopefully she will get some sleep. The end of term cannot come quick enough for all of us.

Hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good morning

Thank you for the thread nmlc

Judi hope you have some good news.

Much cooler today, need to get some gardening done. Watched F1 yesterday and had a lazy day.

Nothing exciting happening,

Hope you all have a good day
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Nice bright day here but looks like its quite windy and there is a chill in the air.

We found a kitchen we love yesterday so we need so get on and make an appointment and have the windows done before we can do the kitchen, I don't want people clambering over the new counters to put new windows in, so will ring a couple of companies today, I need to ring Ikea and make an appointment with a kitchen planner too.

Will go and rummage in the freezer after this, although there is fresh pasta in the fridge so might have that and garlic bread.

Will need to do a wash tonight and have a sweep through.

Judi any news yet ? xx

Have good days all xx
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Thank you for starting us off nmlc.

Thinking of you Judi.

It’s a nice sunny start to the day here, which hopefully will last. I went out briefly yesterday afternoon for a short walk and the skies decided to open. I did look a sight when I got home :)

My kettle decided to blow up yesterday evening, I was sure that I had a spare one stashed away but have been unable to find it. The broken one must have been the spare. I seem to go through a lot of kettles which is why I usually keep a spare. I got caught out a few years back on Christmas Eve and had to go to the local Currys as soon as they opened.

My batch cooking plans went out of the window when I discovered that I didn’t have most of the vegetables that I needed so I will get some bits and pieces tomorrow, I won’t have the chance to do it today.

I need to go and find some breakfast and a cup of tea.

I hope that you all have a good day whatever you are doing.
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all, a beautiful sunny morning here..

I'm having some toast and then a quick shower before heading off to work.

Judi, you and Prodigal are in my thoughts, hope that things start to improve although I know how difficult this would be for him.

Hope that everyone has a good day
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning folks and thanks NMLC for the start. The sun is shining and forecast to shine ALL day! That means I won't get a lot done as I'll be sat outside in the sunshine reading! First though I want to strip our bed and get the bedding washed and hung out.

No progress is being made on Mr TA's ancient clothes so I can see I shall have to tackle them myself! It's starting to really annoy me now!

I have yet to christen today's meals, though I think lunch may well be the quiche, roast ham and salad languishing in the fridge. Will need to do a freezer rummage before I decide on dinner.

JUDI I really hope you have some news today, I can't imagine how you must be feeling and how worried you are.

Have a good day folks if you can and (HUGS) for all the poorlies, sad or worried who want them. Especially JUDI and DUMPLING. Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,043 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone.

There may be some fair weather today, fingers crossed.

Judi - what a worry for you. It's difficult to 'step back' to see a situation from a different perspective. The instinct is to protect still.

My cleaner is coming earlier today, about 11.30am so I'll go out then to college to hand in the work and do some prep for my interview.

Apart from that I have no plans.

Happy Monday to everyone.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning :wave:

Judi difficult decision I'm sure but I guess sometimes cruel to be kind is the best option. Thinking about you...its an awful situation you are in

Supposed to be a hot one today so hoping for an hour in the garden with my book later but lots of work to do before that though.

Food wise I will finish the fish pie from yesterday ...by the time i got round to having it yesterday any trace of hunger had gone even though i hadn't eaten all day. My brother phoned just as I was going to settle down with it and was on the phone for over an hour. I wish he would phone mum instead she loves his calls.

Anyway best get on have a lovely day whatever you are doing and special thoughts with Judi
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure