Lowell solicitors have sent me a Claim form

Options
I have been sent a claim form by lowell solicitors for an unpaid 3 mobile bill. It was from ages ago and it's for a relatively small amount. I thought I had cleared the bill in full before I left 3. I am keen for lowell to follow due process on this. Just wondered what my rights are? Thanks

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,891 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 15 July 2017 at 11:21AM
    Options
    Hi,

You only have a limited time to respond to the claim form, acknowledging service online increases your 14 days to 28, you have no rights other than to either select admit the claim in full or part, or to defend it.

If you need help in responding to Lowell, ask on Legal Beagles.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Geoff1963
    Geoff1963 Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    Options
    If it's a court claim, an Acknowledgement of Service gives you some extra thinking time.
    I think you ought to have received a Letter before Claim, explaining how much and for what. You could ask them to send you a copy.
    In parallel, you could ask 3 why they didn't ask for payment. Have you moved house, or been otherwise difficult to contact ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure