Options
13»

Comments

• FBaby
    FBaby Posts: 18,367 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm so nervous!
    Don't be. Sometimes by wanting to do too much, you overload yourself and end up freezing. Yes it is important to have a some rehearsed responses that shows you have prepared and aware of key issues, but being yourself is also very important. It is likely that a number of these questions, you would be able to respond if your friend were asking you without the need to come up with a systematic response.

Do prepare a bit, write down key points in the schemes that have been cited here, and then leave it behind and relax. They will want to speak to a person, not a robot.
  • bagpussbear
    bagpussbear Posts: 847 Forumite
    Options
    raiiiraiii wrote: »
    Wow. Alot of valuable information there! I'll definitely be taking all this into account. Because you're someone who does occasionally participate in the panel for interviews, you obviously do know what you're talking about.

My interview panel will consist of two people: The team coordinator and the manager.

What I'm really scared about is what would happen if I slip up, stutter and panic in front of them. I mean, I'd be less nervous if there was only one person there but two people would be the death of me. And yet I'm the most confident and loud person I could think of. :rotfl:

Well if that happened, you would not be the first, nor the last! I am sure you will be fine. The reality is that most of us have those same fears, however experienced we are at having interviews. I am sure your panel members will do everything they can to bring out the best in you. After all, they want people to do well!

Think of it as a two way conversation, rather than an interview. That change of mindset can help take away nerves a little. Let us know how you get on :-)
  • raiiiraiii
    raiiiraiii Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you to all for those replies! Some brilliant pieces of advice there.
  • raiiiraiii
    raiiiraiii Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    I used to be a nurse. I think NHS interviews are usually marked so make sure you treat it a bit like an exam. Think of it as a ten point question so say five things. Dress as you would for work. It helps if you look the part. If the job description gives a dress code take it as a hint what to wear for the interview. I would expect an equality and diversity question and a data protection one. Remember most data is computerised but talk a bit abou telephone confidentiality.

It is important to have a couple of questions ready. It is o.k. to ask about time off for study leave or other practical considerations. Remember last impressions are as important as first impressions. I remember once telling someone the interview was over and they ran out of the room like a startled rabbit.

I hope you get the job but if you don't ask if you could have some feed back for future use.

It's my first interview so I guess I should try my best and hope I get the job. I'd be the happiest person in the world if I did ace the interview. When would they tell me if I have got the job or not?
  • jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    They should tell you about this in the interview. If they don't, ask them about next steps and when you will hear. (Very very common question, which all candidates should ask.)
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure