not happy with sse/equipower changes

Options
grrfy
grrfy Posts: 17 Forumite
Hi I am with sse/ ebico/equipower on a payg meter ,am unemployed due to illness.
A huge part of me choosing this tariff was the no standing charge, this made it way ,way easier for me to track the amount of gas and electricity i was using and had available on the meter.Especially if I was not home or using any power/gas
Now this tariff is ending and it seems the only tariff without a standing charge is available for none PAYG customers caLLED equiZero.

I use very little gas during the summer months and don't use much electricity,aproc 7 to 10 pounds per week for electricity and almost £zero for gas over summer, as I only use the gas heating in the winter . the standing charges will be more than the amount of gas and energy I use per day over a lot of the days esp in summer .

I really don't know what to do as my landlord and indeed my credit history will preclude me from switching to a credit meter and I want a none standing charge tariff.
Can anybody help me as I am (tbh) really scared this will affect my health and ability to keep up with bills.

Many thanks .

Comments

• pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    posted t5his morning , quick research has pointed ti a new suplier , still researching at moment http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5677740
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • grrfy
    Options
    Thank you for the help,would you be referring to eversmart energy?

and many thanks for looking for others for me.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ok just got off phone to SSE , prior to us being "sold" by ebico to SSE we were paying

5.2 for gas and 14.28 for electric with no standing charge , SSE promised us 3.28 gas and 13.82 for elec (no standing charge ) but have renaged on it now wanting

13.82 + 28.76 standing charge for elec and 3.35 + 27.41 standing charge for gas

eversmart have quoted

14.70 elec , no standing charge
    4.32 gas no standing charge

http://www.eversmartenergy.co.uk/

there may be others out there as well
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • grrfy
    Options
    interesting ,sse promised me the same until a letter arrived this morning , I would have been paying almost 180 pounds extra on gas and electricity.I have tweeted eversmart asking to confirm there rates,if they do them in my area etc(not sure which area I fall into) If they confirm the prices they have got a new customer.
  • grrfy
    Options
    hmm according to a quote eversmart will charge a daily standing charge of
    0.23835 per day for electricity @ 0.12915 per kWh
    0.252 per day for gas @ 0.03791 per kWh
    but I hardly use any gas during the spring summer! So will be having to top up a meter for nothing!
  • grrfy
    Options
    economy energy will charge

0.00 standing charge gas @ 4.360 per kWh inc vat

0.00 standing charge elec @16.070 per kWh inc vat
  • grrfy
    Options
    so electric averages @ 5.5 kwh per day rounded up according to estimated prediction means would need to use approx 8 kwh per day for eversmart to be cheaper than economy enrgy ? is my math right

ie difference in kWh (3p rounded up) rate divided into the standing daily charge of 24p (rounded up)?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I got this letter from SSE today too. Seems like they have scrapped the idea of the SSE Zero tariff for ex Ebico customers and are putting everyone on the SSE Standard tariff.

I only have gas on SSE Ebico but I'll be moving my supply before the August cut off, Probably to RHE Ebico where I have just recently switched my leccy too. (I didn't have my leccy with SSE Ebico originally).
  • grrfy
    Options
    I can't do that as the tariff has a daily standing charge for pre payment meter customers,I refuse to pay a daily charge for gas when I am not using any gas for heating ie over spring summer.the standing charge for gas equates to about 6 kwh hours of gas.Before I have used any.
  • grrfy
    Options
    I am considering moving to different companies for gas and electricity ,zero standing charge for gas but with a standing charge for electric if I am forced to, so much for the new energy rules making things simpler.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure