Forum Home » Boost Your Income

GlobalTestMarket are changing marketpoints to Lifepoints

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

GlobalTestMarket are changing marketpoints to Lifepoints

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Boost Your Income
26 replies 12.5K views
cally6008cally6008 Forumite
7.6K posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Boost Your Income
[FONT=&quot]Summer 2017 is bringing lots of exciting changes for GlobalTestMarket and this is an important update. Our incentive plan, MarketPoints will be discontinued from the 25th July and will be replaced by our new plan called LifePoints. This will bring bigger, better and faster opportunities for being rewarded and this is just the beginning as we continue to create a better experience for you.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In the coming months, we will be creating new and exciting ways for you to share opinions relating to various aspects of your life while being rewarded with LifePoints. Our new mobile app is being built and it’s looking good – keep a look out for when it’s launched![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]What's the big change?[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Instead of MarketPoints, you will be rewarded with LifePoints, which will be credited to your account in the same way as before, but the LifePoints rewards catalogue has been enhanced to enable you to redeem your LifePoints sooner.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Any existing MarketPoints will be converted to LifePoints, at the following conversion rate:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 MarketPoint = 3.32 LifePoints[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]100 MarketPoints = 332 LifePoints[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When is the change?[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
The change will take place between the 25th and 27th July. You’ll see the conversion of your MarketPoints into LifePoints in your account history. Any surveys completed before this date will be credited at the old MarketPoints rate.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]What happens next?[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Once your MarketPoints are converted to LifePoints, you will be able to redeem them for a wide range of great rewards in our catalogue. Any newly completed surveys will be rewarded with LifePoints. However, for a few days while the change is taking place, the catalogue of rewards will not be available. Please refer to ourHelpCentrefor additional information.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Once the changeover to LifePoints is completed, we will let you know.[/FONT]

Replies

• kiwi_fruitkiwi_fruit Forumite
    831 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Just had a survey from GBT- 5 mins for 10 lifepoints, which according to their own conversion worth about 3 times less than in marketpoints value ?? Also checked my balance and sure enough- the marketpoints were "converted" at a 1:1 ratio..? Really not liking this so far.
  • Marvqn1Marvqn1 Forumite
    550 posts
    kiwi_fruit wrote: »
    Just had a survey from GBT- 5 mins for 10 lifepoints, which according to their own conversion worth about 3 times less than in marketpoints value ?? Also checked my balance and sure enough- the marketpoints were "converted" at a 1:1 ratio..? Really not liking this so far.

In a discussion I've read about the change to LifePoints for US residents, it said that the correct points total wasn't showing for some surveys, so it still shows the points in MarketPoints instead of LifePoints. So that might be what is happening.
  • sharpe106sharpe106 Forumite
    1.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    The only reason they would change would be to make it worse for us and hope that most people could not calculate it.
  • fatboyonadietfatboyonadiet Forumite
    5.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I seem to think it's about 30-40% worse off now?

A 15 minute survey used to give around 30 points and 1100 points got you £30 in Amazon vouchers

Now a 15 min survey gives 75 points and you need 3300 points for £30 Amazon vouchers

The 'voucher price' seems to have gone but a little but the points for surveys have gone down much more?
    2p off is still 2p off!
    550 posts
    I seem to think it's about 30-40% worse off now?

A 15 minute survey used to give around 30 points and 1100 points got you £30 in Amazon vouchers

Now a 15 min survey gives 75 points and you need 3300 points for £30 Amazon vouchers

The 'voucher price' seems to have gone but a little but the points for surveys have gone down much more?

Before GTM changed to LifePoints, some surveys were 30 MarketPoints for 20 minutes and some surveys were 30 MarketPoints for 15 minutes.

So maybe it varies as it did before.
  • MLE007MLE007 Forumite
    959 posts
    ✭✭✭
    Their surveys are definitely worse value since this change. Wasn't keen on them anyway so will be dumping them. 300 more lifepoints to go.
    2019 in 2019 £2776.23
    2018 in 2018 £3864.88
    2017 in 2017 £4727.33
    550 posts
    I haven't done any GTM surveys since the change. I think im leaving GTM also, as the pay was only about £3 per hour before the change to LifePoints.
  • MLE007MLE007 Forumite
    959 posts
    ✭✭✭
    Marvqn1 wrote: »
    I haven't done any GTM surveys since the change. I think im leaving GTM also, as the pay was only about £3 per hour before the change to LifePoints.

Agree, just not worth the time any more - plus their customer service is pretty awful. Hope you won't lose out on too much Marvqn, I thought I may as well continue on to get those last few points before cashing out the last time.
    2019 in 2019 £2776.23
    2018 in 2018 £3864.88
    2017 in 2017 £4727.33
  • HiddenidenityHiddenidenity Forumite
    5.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they now pay near enough the same as Mysurvey don't they? I couldn be wrong though
  • MLE007MLE007 Forumite
    959 posts
    ✭✭✭
    I think they now pay near enough the same as Mysurvey don't they? I couldn be wrong though

Yes I think you're right HI they are part of the same company. Dumped them as well :D
    2019 in 2019 £2776.23
    2018 in 2018 £3864.88
    2017 in 2017 £4727.33
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support