Eating out/Drinking in Dundee/St Andrews

Options
declanmcc
declanmcc Posts: 412 Forumite
Hi Folks,
My girlfriend and I, plus her sister and boyfriend are off to Dundee in 4 weeks time for a graduation in St Andrew's. We're staying for 4 nights. Can anyone recommend any good restaurants, pubs and clubs for both Dundee and St Andrews?
Many Thanks!

Comments

• Oscar
    Oscar Posts: 922 Forumite
    Options
    Its a few years since I've been to St Andrews but the last time we were there we enjoyed a meal at The Doll House(owned by Carol Smillie I think!). Don't know if it still there but booking was essential and they did early bird offers.
    :j
  • seekaywun
    seekaywun Posts: 83 Forumite
    Options
    It depends what food you like really. There are lots of nice places to eat in St Andrews The Grillhouse on Market Street serves a range of tex mex stuff plus steaks etc, good portions and food good usually busy. Similar idea is Papa Joes in South Street big menu, tex mex plus range of steaks, pizza, salads.. both reasonably priced. Good Indian on Market St again fantastic food used to be in Pat Chapmans Curry Guide bit pricy tho. Its next door to the Raisin the local student pub.. Pubwise if you dont fancy the raisin theres always the Gin House on South Street usually busy good atmosphere or the Lizard Lounge on North Street same for it. It really depends on what atmosphere you like? Lots of other options...
    St Andrews has plenty choice of pubs and food places all within a very small town centre however if you specifically are after clubs you are stuffed...

If you want more info on the St Andrews bit pm me cos I live in St Andrews.

Dundee I dont know so specifically but Yates and LLoyds pubs are in the centre of Dundee, Near the Wellgate Centre and are both good and usually busy. The Mardi (Gras) is just one of the many clubs they tend to go in and out of popularity but the Mardi has just been done up so its pretty clean still..

Wherever you decide to go have fun and enjoy yourselves...
    I love this site! :j
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Declan, my man, why not come to Edinburgh and I could show you round on an open top bus, complete with picnic? Pink can testify its a great way to see Edinburgh on a cold day in January :rotfl:

Loads of great restaurants round the East Neuk of Fife with the best fish and chips in the world and the loveliest of villages.
  • declanmcc
    declanmcc Posts: 412 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the very useful info. We've been booked into the Old Course Hotel for a meal on graduation night. Should be tasty but most likely very expensive!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure