Final Offers

Options
Hello Everyone

I have just sold my house and have equity of 45k
I owe 38k in debt and am about to start to make final offers based on 30% which is about 12k.

I don't want them to keep pushing for more money so am thinking that if they don't accept the 30% to say that the offer is now withdrawn and continue paying the DMP as per normal.

Do you think this would trigger them coming back to me at a later date with acceptance?

Comments

• StopIt
    StopIt Posts: 1,470 Forumite
    Options
    Offer them 20-25% and if they counter offer with 30ish% take it.

If they're going to reject a 30% offer, saying that you'll continue paying them as normal isn't going to sway them one bit, sorry.

In debt and looking for help? Look here for the MSE Debt Help Guide.
    Also, If you need any free and impartial debt advice, the National Debtline, Stepchange, and the CAB can help.
  • pbsmiles
    pbsmiles Posts: 102 Forumite
    Options
    StopIt wrote: »
    Offer them 20-25% and if they counter offer with 30ish% take it.

If they're going to reject a 30% offer, saying that you'll continue paying them as normal isn't going to sway them one bit, sorry.

Well I am hoping that the fact that I am 50 years old and currently the DMP runs till 70 they will be sympathic to themselves. I could die before then lol.
  • Arleen
    Arleen Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    pbsmiles wrote: »
    Well I am hoping that the fact that I am 50 years old and currently the DMP runs till 70 they will be sympathic to themselves. I could die before then lol.
    Sure, but if they learn that you have money running around, they may want to reconsider the DMP and demand payment of rest of the debt instead.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure