List of debts request

Options
Hi,
I've sent F&F's off to my creditors. I have had a response from one asking for an up to date I&E, list of my debts and the amount of money I have been gifted in order to pay debts.

The I&E is fine, I have printed off the page from my latest Stepchange review and am happy to send that, I am also happy to sent a list of creditors and amounts, again taken from my stepchange pack.

My question is do I need to tell them the amount I am being gifted? A family member is giving me a certain amount for the use of paying debts only - if I don't clear the debts with it I don't get the money.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,925 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Anna,

If in doubt, remember, you are under no obligation whatsoever to back up your offers with any further requested information.

Just tell them you exactly what you've put in your post above.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • poppasmurf_bewdley
    Options
    Personally, I would reply that they have all the information you are prepared to give them. I would also add that if the offer is not accepted, then it will be withdrawn and the amount you were offering will be split between your other debtors.

They have no need or legal requirement for any other information than you have already given them.
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
  • anna_1977
    anna_1977 Posts: 862 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you both of you! I'll give them the 2 pieces of info mentioned about and explanation about where the money is coming from but not the amount - I will then add in the sentence about withdrawing
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure