The life and times of Dolly.........

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Like you say INOD progress not perfection.

I want perfection next year though, just putting it out there in the universe :p

Oh we love a wee treat, couldn't get through this process without them.

Life if for living :D

Dxxx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    So this applies to a number of different things but mainly stationary & toiletries!

Does anyone else just continue to buy buy buy when they see a good deal or something that they want then realise they have like 100 of the same things at home - can't just be me?!?!

So I am going to do an inventory then work through using up before I am able to buy anything else.

I'll be back with an update later, might need to do it in stages I have hoarded that much :p

Dxxx
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    I see a bargain and I am right in. lol dont even stop to pause especially if lego for my boy lol xx
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You can't ever pass up a lego bargain monz!

I will need to start keeping en eye out, my niece & nephew love lego!

Dxxx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    £24.90 - Onepoll (cash out £40.00)
    £45.00 - Populuslive (cash out £50.00)
    £3.00 - Prolific Academic (cash out £20.00 so no fee) :starmod:
    £1.00 - Valued Opinions :starmod:
    25 points - Opinion Outpost (50 points = £2.50 Paypal)
    430 points - Receipt Hog (1000 points = £3.00 Amazon) :starmod:
    £83.90 - Amazon (gained through surveys)
    £43.77 - Nectar
    £59.89 - Boots
    £4.42 - Superdrug

:starmod: Increased since last post

Spent my Paypal balance on Harris Tweed goodies for myself :rotfl: Still classes as a treat right??

Dxxx
  • GeorgianaCavendish
    Options
    So this applies to a number of different things but mainly stationary & toiletries!

Does anyone else just continue to buy buy buy when they see a good deal or something that they want then realise they have like 100 of the same things at home - can't just be me?!?!

So I am going to do an inventory then work through using up before I am able to buy anything else.

I'll be back with an update later, might need to do it in stages I have hoarded that much :p

Dxxx

I definitely am guilty of this! When I did an inventory a few months ago, I had about 7 packs of deodorant and 12 different shower gels. I'm getting much better at managing the stock levels now, it helps that we finally got round to putting shelves up in the storage cupboard so I can see everything in the same place.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Aw glad its not just me Georgiana!

Still haven't got round to making an inventory:p

Picked out a nice orange OPI nail polish I have had for ages so have decided that until it is finished I will have orange nails :rotfl:

Gonna just work through them all, might take me a while I have a lot of nail varnish!

Dxxx
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    I do the stocking up Dolly. I have about 22 highlighters. I buy them for studying help and then forget. And I think this behaviour is on loop. For no purpose whatsoever.

Loving your updates. Please Dont ever underestimate how inspirational you are. Helping us all. xx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • Ammeretto
    Ammeretto Posts: 181 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    hope you don't mind me posting Dolly.
    I've been following your last diary and this one too.

i think its great that so many of your spends for your anniversary came from savings.
    We had our 10 year anniversary this year and was really chuffed that i managed to save and budget for 90% of it too. previous years were not as organised.

I'm not too bad with toiletries but stationary :eek: I have a thing for pens. I love them and i'm always buying more. I literally have about 15 pens stashed in my bag and i take my own pens into work (i don't like biros) I also love notebooks. I can't resist a shiny new notebook.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    PSL - Aw chuffed to bits to hear that my ramblings are inspirational to someone at least!

Ammeretto - Well hello there. Welcome to the madhouse :p Honestly it feels so much better to know that its not going on a CC were it has previous years. We will enjoy it much more I am sure!

Oh it's notebooks & post it notes with me, they are everywhere! I just ordered a new 18 month week to view diary, all paid for with surveys & it was on sale so I call that a win win for me!

Amazon prime so it will be delivered to work tomorrow - I am excited!!!!

I'm using pens that I nabbed out of our hotel when we were on holiday. It writes so well so I'm happy with that.

Dxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport