MSE News: Southern commuters can claim for 15+ minute delays during overtime ban

edited 30 June 2017 at 2:08PM in Public Transport & Cycling
3 replies 1.9K views
Former_MSE_Megan_FFormer_MSE_Megan_F Former MSE
418 Posts
Newshound!
✭✭
edited 30 June 2017 at 2:08PM in Public Transport & Cycling
Southern Rail travellers can claim compensation for delays against their usual train times rather than against a revised timetable in place during the current drivers' overtime ban...
Read the full story:
'Southern commuters hit by train drivers' overtime ban can claim for 15+ minute delays against original timetable'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
Read the latest MSE News
Flag up a news story: [email protected]
Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail

Replies

• Hi - I've just tried this but got rejected with "our systems show that we did not have a train depart at the time you specified". Where is it stated by Southern we can do this?
  • wealdroamwealdroam Forumite
    19.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is it stated by Southern we can do this?
    On their dispute compensation page it says:
    If you chose to travel and your journey is delayed by 15 minutes or more you can claim compensation against either the original timetable or the amended timetable
  • bubieyehyehbubieyehyeh Forumite
    583 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Hi - I've just tried this but got rejected with "our systems show that we did not have a train depart at the time you specified". Where is it stated by Southern we can do this?

That is the common response you get when it is review by one of their staff who is too lazy to check stuff.

I had one claim where they rejected three times with that response, in the end I sent them a link to the trains actual arrival/departure trains from realtimetrains.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides