Beware of Sequence Lifetime Mortgage broker

Options
Because of the tremendous errors made during my mortgage application and no other way of writing a review of my personal experience received from Sequence mortgage brokers that come under William H brown i want to warn others.
I am a home buyer and enlisted the services of Sequence to help with Mortgage on BTL and additional property for residential purpose.
I have paid in full up front fee they require to search out mortgages on our behalf costing almost £700.
First off brookers i can only say are immature and incompetent, i was mis sold mortgage of porting our current mortage and even those these issues were brought up immediately the broker still continue to apply for incorrect mortgage which luckily for us we were alerted to one week before completion by our solicitors when we received a statement bill.
On top of that they are worst company to get in contact with and receive any form of communication as to up dates or replies via email or call you make this was after their error.

Personal;y i would never recommend this company and advise others to stay clear

Comments

• davilown
    davilown Posts: 2,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've very little experience of Mortgage brokers apart from those on here (who tend to offer their 'expert' advice quite freely and appropriately on here) and my very first mortgage.
    My question would be why would you pay £700 up front for a service, especially when porting (and I assume additional borrowing) from your current lender?
    30th June 2021 completely debt free…. Downsized, reduced working hours and living the dream.
  • amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,456 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    davilown wrote: »
    My question would be why would you pay £700 up front for a service, especially when porting (and I assume additional borrowing) from your current lender?

Because the Estate Agency staff 'encourage' the buyer to do so?
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Lesson of the day, never ever use Estate Agent services, unless you like being taken for a ride
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport