Remortgage

Options
Hello, I've asked a mortgage broker to look for us but was wondering if anyone has any advice they could kindly give. I have £100k left on mortgage on 1.8% fixed rate with Halifax ending in September 17. Looking to get a new fixed rate and add £30k to mortgage for loft conversion. To complicate, since took out mortgage, partner has moved in and have three dependants (11,6 and 1) and want to add her to mortgage. My salary is £29k and hers £9k.
Just wondering if this is something fairly simple to do or would it be more like starting process again with changes?
Thanks

Comments

• glosoli
    glosoli Posts: 739 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    It's a remortgage to another provider with additional borrowing with doing a transfer of title.

It's a full application process, as would any other remortgaging application be. Generally if you remortgage you are eligible for a free legal service, but they may not cover the additional costs to be incurred by adding your partner onto the mortgage and title, so you may need to budget for that.

It isn't something your broker hasn't dealt with a million times so don't worry about it.
  • blueblazer
    blueblazer Posts: 1,318 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Slight update to this:
    Broker asked me to phone Halifax to ask them to add my partner to the mortgage. They said I would need to speak to their mortgage advisor to run through criteria for remortgage and affordability etc. I said I was using a broker to do the remortgaging. Spoke to my broker and he said we would have to therefore get a new fixed deal in my name, then add my partner to the mortgage and then apply for an advance in a few months time but we are obviously keen to do it as soon as possible. Am I missing something? Persumably talking direct to Halifax won't help?

Thanks in advance
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport