🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

mortage rates

Options
I'm trying to decide whether to stay with Natwest or not. Currently on standard variable arte it is 3.75%. 2 year fixed is 2.69% and 5 year fixed is 3.18%. Do these rates seem reasonable? Loan to value is 70%.

Comments

• clairebeth
    clairebeth Posts: 299 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    To be honest, they look a bit rubbish, but that depends if you have poor credit or don't want to go through the application process again. Have you not looked at a mortgage comparison site?
  • spaceboy
    spaceboy Posts: 1,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    clairebeth wrote: »
    To be honest, they look a bit rubbish, but that depends if you have poor credit or don't want to go through the application process again. Have you not looked at a mortgage comparison site?

I need to find the time to do it. They look a bit rubbish to me too.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How much you owe and the costs involved in remortgaging to a new lender needed to factored in. Headline interest rates are only one aspect. While on the SVR you might as well overpay by whatever you can afford.
  • PawelK
    PawelK Posts: 373 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    spaceboy wrote: »
    I'm trying to decide whether to stay with Natwest or not. Currently on standard variable arte it is 3.75%. 2 year fixed is 2.69% and 5 year fixed is 3.18%. Do these rates seem reasonable? Loan to value is 70%.

Ftb here, 75ltv and 5yrs fixed 2.14 with nwide.
  • AFK_Matrix
    AFK_Matrix Posts: 682 Forumite
    Options
    I've just remortgaged with another lender (Leeds Building Society), 60%ltv 5yr fixed @ 2.1%.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport