🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

endowment may now be non qualifying advice

Options
Ap0logises in advance
i have a endowment with profits to mature next year, it was taken out in 1993 however as badly performing I changed to repayment a good few years ago

rang Aviva recently as told my policy was assigned,but they didn't know who too, imagine it was when I had interest only, told they would have to look on archives as nothing on system

however back in 2004 due to a oversight on my behalf they hadnt actioned new my new dd details, so policy went up paid they say for 13months. I can recall any paperwork from them until late on that policy hadn't been paid unsure if it was 13 months or not

Anyway it was reinstated in 2004 had to do a medical questionnaire, and also on a separate sheet saying

that the policy MAY not be qualifying, which I had to sign., which tbh forgot all about, as at that time I had a lot going on in my personal life

I had to send it back within 14days, anyway I called Aviva to ask for clarification but they were unable to advise and said someone would call me back but never did,

I did sign form but also noted that I needed clarification on what MAYBE meant

Anyway with looking for paperwork I cane across the non qualifying maybe part.

which was just on a sheet of paper no letterhead

I would imagine a policy is either or MAYBE is a bit vague

so looks like I be paying tax on it

it wont be getting anywhere it should but probably now even less
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts