🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Less than 2 years can i remortgage?

Options
Hi
The good news is I have only 1 year 11 months left on my mortgage.

The bad news is my current deal has expired & to get a new deal with them I need at least two years left on the mortgage so Nationwide have put me on their SVR. which is 3.74% !!!!

Would it be possible to extend the mortgage for a few months to get a new deal or are there other options?

Comments

• stationhouse26
    Options
    I have checked with Nationwide if I extend the mortgage by one month I would have to convert the mortgage from part repayment part interest only to all repayment which is a no go.

Lesson learnt I should have been more on the ball and switched my deal two months ago.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How much do you owe?

What are your plans for repaying the interest only part?
  • stationhouse26
    stationhouse26 Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 27 June 2017 at 3:14PM
    Options
    Hi, thanks for your reply.

Currently outstanding is circa £75k of which £73.5k is interest only.

We had two endowments for the interest only element one of which has matured and is in premium bonds £15,5k & one which matures next year circa £55k we have also been overpaying our mortgage by approx £450 per month with any remaining amount being settled with savings.

We may be in a position to settle the mortgage next year which is possible as we are currently with Nationwide.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport