First Utility / LCS / Moriarty Law

Options
buffness
buffness Posts: 233 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 21 June 2017 at 9:27PM in Debt-free wannabe
Good Evening,

Please can somebody provide me with advise on how to tackle a situation I am currently going through.

On 17 January 2017, I received a letter from Moriarty Law ('ML') highlighting that they have been instructed by First Utility Limited (‘FUL’) in relation to the recovery of a debt that totals to £305.00.

In August 2016, I received correspondence from LCS highlighting that I may have been residing at an address between two specific dates. I spoke to a lady from LCS who confirmed that the debt had no association with myself. I provided proof to them and she was satisfied that the matter is closed.

I emailed ML, mentioning the above and also asking questions as to why I have received their letter indicating that they will be issuing proceedings without further reference to me. I also made it clear to them that I am wholly and fully disputing the debt.

On 25 January 2017, ML stated to me that they will contact their client for investigation and the account is on hold.

On 18 February 2017, I chased ML. They replied on 20 February 2017 saying that they are still investigating the matter.

Since that date, it has gone quiet. I haven't sent them another chaser and they also haven't responded.

I do not want this debt to escalate but it is clear that the matter remains unresolved - do I remain quiet and await to hear from them, or do I send another chaser given that the last time I heard from them was approximately 4-5 months ago.

Many thanks :)

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family