Options
2»

Comments

• Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    k3lvc wrote: »
    Being brutally honest if I were recruiting for a finance role and someone used the £17k excuse I wouldn't be particularly comfortable with them being responsible for any financial decisions.

Unless the job specifically required detailed knowledge of the cost of living in different areas then you have unrealistic expectations. Being in a finance role does not require you to never ever make a mistake about anything financial - which would mean never ever making a mistake about anything.

The OP didn't leave London because they were unable to cope with having so little money, they left London because they didn't want to put up with the circumstances that having so little money required - i.e. housesharing with druggies. That wasn't a financial decision, that was a housing decision.

As per others I don't think the OP's CV is anywhere near "trashed". As long as he isn't expecting anything other than another entry-level position I don't see why his CV would disqualify him.
  • steampowered
    steampowered Posts: 6,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I think you just have to be completely honest, without bad mouthing your former employer.

What the employer will be worried about is whether you will leave again. You need to convince them that is unlikely to happen.

6 months actually does not sound bad - at least it should be long enough to demonstrate you passed probation?
  • ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    Options
    I really don't think it's possible to give an opinion without knowing the circumstances in which both jobs ended.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure