I reset my Geo Solo II and now it isn't working properly

Options
Hi,

Backstory: We had squirrels living under or solar panels, so I got out the Solo II to check everything was still working and they hadn't chewed through any cables or knocked them loose. The Solo display wasn't showing anything so I assumed the worst, however the main box in the garage was showing we were still generating electricity. I reset the Solo and messed with the settings, before eventually realising the problem was with the batteries in the transmitter.

Since resetting the Solo I've obviously done something horribly wrong since even last night when it was dark, it was showing that we were generating a lot of electricity, and right now whilst typing this at 10:30am it's showing that we're generating absolutely nothing :(

SixDJFA.jpg

Any idea on what could be causing this please? I've set it up with the following:
  • Micro-Gen
  • PV Array KW: 8 (complete guess - we have 16 panels)

Really at a loss with this (and now it's back and showing we're generating 2.2kw even though there's no change in sunlight)

Thank you

Comments

• defaultdriver
    defaultdriver Posts: 140 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,
    Have you paired it with the Transmitter. I had to re-pair when I changed the display.
    Also with 16 panels you are more likely to have a 4KW system.
    3.99KW SunEdison (14 * 285W), Solis inverter, iBoost, Herts, roughly SW facing
  • blizeH
    blizeH Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you! 4KW sounds right, I'll update the settings tomorrow :)

How do I check its paired correctly? It says it is paired but I'm unsure if its setup in the right way
  • Rheumatoid
    Rheumatoid Posts: 887 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    16 Panel (250W JASolar) 4kWp, facing 170 degrees, 40 degree slope, Solis Inverter. Installed 29/9/2015 - £4700 (Norfolk Solar Together Scheme); 9.6kWh US2000C Pylontech batteries + Solis Inverter installed 12/4/2022 Year target (PVGIS-CMSAF) = 3880kWh - Installer estimate 3452 kWh:Average over 6 years = 4400 :j
  • blizeH
    blizeH Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you! I do have the manual but it's quite vague about setting it up from scratch - I guess they expect the installers to do it for you :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure