Endowment policy

McKneffMcKneff Forumite
38.6K Posts
Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
✭✭✭✭✭
Daughter is thinking of cashing in her policy which matures in two years
No mortgage is involved she wants to buy a camper van.

She has been given a cash in value of £9200 but was told a checque would take 28 days in which case this could change on the day of payment. She knows ots a risk but wonders if she should wait till after the election to do this.

Does anyone have any thoughts.
make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
and we will never, ever return.

Replies

• edited 31 May 2017 at 6:26PM
    dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    107.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 31 May 2017 at 6:26PM
    She knows ots a risk but wonders if she should wait till after the election to do this.

Difficult to say. Corbyn gets in and its likely that Sterling will fall that will push UK large cap equities up in value. But mid and small cap will fall as they are less likely to benefit from changes in Sterling and Corbyn intends to hit small and medium companies hard.

If May is in, then Sterling will likely rise which will see UK large cap fall but UK mid and small cap rise as May intends to set a tax regime that remains favourable to small and mid cap.

You really cant tell what is going to happen. Plus, chances are hte investments have a proportion that isn't on the UK stock market (i.e. global equity, bonds and property)
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • McKneffMcKneff Forumite
    38.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Dunstonh. I will copy and paste this to her x
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides