We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Principality Mortgage Search - Mistake made?

Hello all, first time poster, long time lurker.

I've recently gone through my broker to apply for a mortgage with Principality. It's in its infancy and they have just yesterday searched my report (haven't heard from them yet) but when I checked I noticed what I THINK is an error?
I asked for a Mortgage over 25 years but in the term header on my credit report it says 025 months... this isn't normal surely?

What it states in full is as follows;
Application type : First Mortgage
Amount : £117,000
Term : 025 months

Can anyone help me out?

Comments

  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 25,076 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper I've helped Parliament
    Dont worry about it.
    If it is a mistake, it would have been picked up at DIP stage for not passing affordability and corrected.

    I know it is easy to stress out but IF this is a mistake it is easily rectified.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Really? This is the stage I'm at now though, I'm awaiting a DIP and they have done this search on me which I think is incorrect.

    Bit of a bummer if it is and they've hard searched me so out my score down.
  • aneary
    aneary Posts: 921 Forumite
    It won't bring their (Principality) score of you down they will see the previous search and be aware of why it was done.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.