Fox's Debt Free Diary

Options

Comments

• jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,318 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    FoxFace wrote: »
    Just actually looked at the interest I have been paying on that higher CC... Last two payments were approx £100 each and about £75 of that was just in interest (no charges as I'm never late) :( Absolutely no wonder I have been feeling like I was wading through treacle with it... can't wait to get it transferred now, what a difference it will make!

Absolutely! Carry on making the same payment and that extra £75 off the balance will make a huge difference :T
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £460
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • FoxFace
    FoxFace Posts: 362 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Absolutely! Carry on making the same payment and that extra £75 off the balance will make a huge difference :T

I will actually be paying more as I have taken on a fair bit of overtime at work, which will all be going towards the debt. Feeling really positive :)
    Debt Free Journey started 21.05.2017
  • FoxFace
    Options
    Okay so up bright and early, new finance forecast done. I have some wonderful home finance software that I bought many, many years ago, which really helps keep track and get a good forecast of where you will be down the line.

All income and expenses have now been updated and it's looking really positive. So for the sake of prosperity, the plan goes something like this:

-Loan repayment currently to continue as planned
    -Clear small debt as only 0% until end of month
    -CC's to be consolidated to new 0% account and closed
    -Repay CC at £250pm, plus any overtime money
    -Minimize spending to decrease overdraft

I am also doing the sealed pot challenge for some pennies for Christmas. Into this goes any coins left from my grocery budget, any notes go in a second purse as a small emergency fund.

I think that about covers it? :D
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,608 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Great start to get the ccs moved to 0%.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • FoxFace
    edited 23 May 2017 at 6:45AM
    Options
    Cancelled my Amazon Prime membership the other day and as it was only a couple of days since I'd last paid, they refunded the month to my account this morning :D

So I paid the refunded £7.99p to reduce my Paypal credit balance :) I can't wait to get rid of it altogether when I get paid :)

Sig updated
    Fox
    x
  • jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,318 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    FoxFace wrote: »
    Cancelled my Amazon Prime membership the other day and as it was only a couple of days since I'd last paid, they refunded the month to my account this morning :D

So I paid the refunded £7.99p to reduce my Paypal credit balance :) I can't wait to get rid of it altogether when I get paid :)

Sig updated
    Fox
    x

I had been wondering what P/P was :rotfl:
    Keeping this focus and enthusiasm will be massively helpful to shedding yourself of this debt. Chipping away with small amounts all adds up to make a big difference.
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £460
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • FoxFace
    Options
    I had been wondering what P/P was :rotfl:
    Keeping this focus and enthusiasm will be massively helpful to shedding yourself of this debt. Chipping away with small amounts all adds up to make a big difference.

hehehe, I updated my o/p to show what everything was because I have memory issues and want to remember down the line. And thanks for your positive comments, it's nice to have a bit extra motivation from people's feedback :)
  • FoxFace
    Options
    Pretty quiet couple of days on the money front. Busy working lots of lovely overtime to bring in extra money :)

Payday next week and at least I haven't spent any money so that's a bonus :D
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Horray for overtime!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • FoxFace
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Horray for overtime!

Absolutely :) It isn't always available, but at the moment there's opportunity to bring in as much extra as I can handle working, yay!

Also, checked my credit card online today and there is a pending transaction for the balance transfer... I am sat here willing it to clear so I can close the account :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure