PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thursday 18 May 2017

Options
nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 18 May 2017 at 6:20AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Thursday 18 May 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Light cloud with sun trying to break through, very wet underfoot, laying water everywhere but at least it's stopped raining.

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS1 still in his pit, will wake him shortly.

Dinner last night was beef stew and dumplings, potatoes and veg, victoria sponge for those that wanted some. Tonight I'm not sure what we're having but will organise it on my way back from town, I need to visit the building society and bank then have a nail appointment and will stop off at MrL on the way home, or I'll visit the butchers whilst in town.

I have all the normal chores to do today, and loads of washing, I'll be putting as much out on the line as possible, and some in the TD as there's so much - I won't be able to get it all line dried if I don't use the TD to some extent, not ideal but needs must. Housework needs doing, there will be ironing etc too. Will just potter along and get it done.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all, thank you for starting us off nmlc.

About to get ready and head out, the last few weeks have been a bit of a chalegend.

Looks as though it will be the dry day promised by the met office (famous last words) so towels are in the machine and OH can hang them out for me.

Nelski, will be thinking of you today.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all. About to head out to PT.

Nelski My thoughts are with you and your family.

Have a great day everyone.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :hello:

Yay, it's not raining and it promises to be a nice day today. We have no meetings or appointments so we are going to have a lovely chilled day. My eldest DD is coming round this morning so it will be lovely to sit down and have a cup of tea with her. My grandson is poorly too so he may come with his mum or stay at home with his stepdad.

DD15 has more exams today so she is in the shower getting ready and hopefully being calm. She wasn't very nice to me the other day but I am putting it down to the stresses of this time of year and trying not to take it personally.

I called a towel amnesty as the girls have taken all the best ones and put them in their rooms. I now have an enormous pile of towels to wash and dry but at least me and hubby won't be trying to dry ourselves on a face flannel :rotfl:.

I've taken some turkey meatballs out of the freezer for tea. I will cook them in a tomato and basil sauce and serve with wholewheat spaghetti, cue the moaning. I don't care, it is better for me to have 'brown' pasta and rice and I don't personally think it tastes much different. Anyway, there is always toast available for the whingers, yes DD15, I'm looking at you :D.

Nelski, still thinking of you and your family and sending you a big hug x

Hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Overcast this morning but it should clear and be a lovely afternoon like yesterday.

Went for a lovely walk, had a coffee (and cake) after work, I was very hot when I got in so had a shower and put my pjs on. Caught up on a TV programme and that was about it!

Work is incredibly busy, there are interviews on Tuesday for another member of staff, hope they choose someone who isn't workshy like the chap that we have, he's worse than a man down.

Anyway, I'm off for a swim before work, hope everyone is well. Take care. XX
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,048 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

The promised / threatened rain didn't transpire yesterday after all, today could be the day for it.

My chicken stir fry yesterday wasn't too exciting or tasty so I'll need to jazz it up a bit for today's meal. Chicken sometimes feels like just a base for other flavours.

Today is another two hour session of work then I want to look at a new hairdressering salon in the next town down. The one I go to now is closing down and the chap is 'moving' to his garage to work. Think it's because of sharp rises in business rates and rent, he's got a large salon but only two staff so everyone rattles around inside. I'm not keen on going to a garage!

Now I have to get myself up. Thinking of those in pain, I hope everyone has a happy Thursday.
  • TravellingAbuela
    TravellingAbuela Posts: 6,686 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning folks and what a glorious one it is too. Brilliant blue sky and sunshine and forecast to last all day. Pity we aren't about to enjoy it!

It's a flying visit from me. DGDs to get up, feed and take to school, then half an hour to tidy round and get the 9.30 bus to town to start the trek to Leeds Oncology for Mr TA's monthly injection. (The first of the 4 appts in 6 days that he has)

I have a pan of Bolognese on the go to make the customary Thursday Pasta Bolognese Bake for when they come back tonight for another sleepover. Could do without them after a tiring day to and fro Leeds but hey ho. And I don't like letting DD down when she has to work the early shift next day.

Oh well better throw myself in the shower and sort myself out before the chose starts. Have a good day folks and (HUGS) to those in need. Thinking of NELSKI. Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    Hugs to all those in need especially Nelski
    My house is beginning to resemble Steptoe's yard, with assorted strange Items hanging around awaiting collection. I'm also drowning in paperwork, tenancy agreements, deposit security scheme and lots of other bumf.
    I've booked myself on a helmsman course to see if I can master steering the boat, at least long enough for Captain Hot Stuff to use the toilet! Only problem is it's during work time so I'll have to ask for time off, that will go down well, not.
    It's sunny here today which means the students will be calmer, they go loopy in the rain, snow and particularly in the wind, strange but true.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning everyone,

(hugs) to those that need one, and a special one for Nelski.

A much brighter start to the day than yesterday, it does make me feel much more cheerful.

Today will be the second day running that I am being taken out for lunch, and I am really looking forward to that. It is nice to have a couple of days off from cooking and be treated. :D

I have just realised that it is another bank holiday next weekend, it has crept up on me a bit too quickly. I always get confused during May with the two bank holiday Mondays. The second one I traditionally have my brother and his family over, this is something that we have done for over 30 years now. This year is the first year since my niece was born that it will just be him and his partner. Both my niece and nephew have to work this year. On the plus side it is much easier when there are only two guests to feed, not so many likes and dislikes to think about. I think they want cottage pie which is nice and easy and doesn’t cost much to make so it won’t be difficult. :)

I need to get a bit of hand washing done in a minute, and then a quick vacuum round and that will be the extent of the housework for today.

I hope that you all have as good a day as possible. Take care x
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Nice bright day here after it rained all day yesterday, mind you the garden did need it !

Off to work for me today but at the other quieter site which is rare for me so it should be a nice quiet day hopefully.

Something and chips for dinner tonight I think there are some fish cakes in the freezer will go and have a look after this.

Need to do a wash tonight and have a tidy through.

I won a vintage habitat photographers lamp on ebay last night, its very beautiful and will go lovely in the study next to my dads chair.

Ok better get on have good days all xx

Hugs to Nels xx
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning all :wave:

Thanks again for the continued support and hugs...I showed mum all your posts yesterday and she had a little tear at how kind you all are :A:A

Nothing to report Im afraid...he is very sedated now so our visits are quite short as they just upset mum too much. I was very conscious of what some of you said re his hearing so made sure we all gave him some lovely messages to take with him. The nurse says we have 2 days left ish but knowing dad that could stretch on ...I hope it doesn't I really do he needs to sleep now not keep fighting to stay here :(:(

Washed all dads hospital clothes this morning and will get on the line before we head off. Not sure what Im going to do with them it seems wrong to shove them in a charity bag but of course he wont need them again. Wonder what everyone else has done on here with relatives clothes? I know I am thinking ahead he hasn't even gone yet but I am finding the thought of the next week or so (when my brother of course heads back to sunny France) very overwhelming. This morning I was awake at 3 planning his funeral :(:(

Lunch yesterday was at Dads favourite pub which was mediocre to say the least ..I had a chicken curry which tasted like bisto with some chilli chucked in even mum said the food had gone downhill.
    Oh to not have to go to lunch and just eat something from my own stock but for now this is helping mum and gives us all a chance to chat about stuff too.

Thanks again for being there and being so lovely you are special people for sure xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure