Using 7 days travelcards in a family of 2 adults, 4 kids 11-15 and 1 kid <11

Options
2»

Comments

• Bexidecimal
    Options
    You can only buy weekly travel cards with certain railcards. I haven't looked at the list for a while, it may well be that the f+f card is not one of the ones on the list.

You could also get a weekly bus pass, its £21 for 7 days I believe but that wouldn't allow you to travel on the underground at all. But you can get buses everywhere in London.
  • Bexidecimal
    Options
    Also you don't have to get a zip card for the kids. You can visit a "visitor centre" at various train stations (victoria has the best one) and some underground stations to get a child's oyster that lasts for up to 14 days
  • rrodrigues
    Options
    Also you don't have to get a zip card for the kids. You can visit a "visitor centre" at various train stations (victoria has the best one) and some underground stations to get a child's oyster that lasts for up to 14 days

Thanks.
    Just saw it... the kids would pay half the adult price... even considering the cap (haf the adult price) it would be 3,30 each day (it will be enough 2 underground trips).
    For 7 days it would mean 23,10£ what is a bit higher then the 19,40£ (7 days travelcard).
  • rrodrigues
    rrodrigues Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    You can only buy weekly travel cards with certain railcards. I haven't looked at the list for a while, it may well be that the f+f card is not one of the ones on the list.

You could also get a weekly bus pass, its £21 for 7 days I believe but that wouldn't allow you to travel on the underground at all. But you can get buses everywhere in London.

I would definitely pay much less... but we would be limited to buses... it's probably not easy.
    But thanks for the idea! :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport