Spend Nowt, Buy Nowt, Owe Nowt

Options

Comments

• Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Well done  on finding the materials at home to get jobs done.  Must go and look in the cupboard to see what I can get on with!
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    1) change and wash at least 2 sets of bedding and re make beds
    2) finish painting grout in utility 
    3) gloss skirting and doors (3!) in utility (second coat)
    4) clean utility window and frame and wash down white goods
    5) bake something - fancy flapjack but will make 2 batches one with normal oats and one with GF
    6) take dog and DS for a walk/scoot (DH turn for solo exercise)
    7) vac and dust bedrooms
    8) more homework with DS 

I have been feeling achey and tired for the last couple of days.  I overdid it on Monday with the run and decorating.  Not helped by hay fever which adds to the achey and groggy feeling. I am going to leave my next run until tomorrow morning.

The flapjack is yummy even if I did forget to add the syrup!

I have kept up with the housework routine, aided by DH and DS and have made a good start on clearing and tidying the conservatory which has become a dumping ground as we don’t use it in the winter as it is too cold.

DH has made a start on the garden makeover and it looks tidier already. He has 3 weeks of furlough (it will be longer I expect) and wants to have most of the garden sorted by then, weather permitting.  A lot of our existing garden waste is dry as it is from last year so we will burn it in the burney bin thing.  Our neighbour has a habit of leaving her washing on the line for several days so we will need to be considerate to when we light it.

The shopping from home continues.  I have found a paint brush for the fence, will move the prints from the hall into the downstairs loo as I need something black and white, will move some others from the dogs bedroom to the hall and have asked DH to fish out a small shelf/display cabinet from the shed I had in my old kitchen so I can paint it and repurpose it for the utility room.  I also found a recipe to make scones using the buckwheat flour I have never opened and will try my hand at some point at making galettes.  We have these at my dad’s with ham, cheese and egg.

Yesterday morning I braved the queue at the big @sda.  I was only queuing about 15 minutes and got almost everything on my very long list.  The shelves were well stocked if not having many variations of the same product.  I couldn’t get gf flour, tiger bread or anything from the gf frozen section as it was still completely bare. I also couldn’t get desiccated coconut or icing sugar and forgot the chocolates I wanted to send to my Mum as a treat with a homemade by DS Easter card.  The local little Tesco should have them.  Most people followed the black arrows marked on the floor and kept their distance.  I spent a lot but didn’t buy more multiples of items than I would do normally.  I now have enough to make over a 100 main meal portions and can shop locally for the next few weeks for milk, fruit and the odd item.

Today DH is planning to spend in the garden with DS and I will continue to tidy and then clean the conservatory, clean the kitchen (today’s focus on the list), make banana bread to use up some brown bananas and spend some time on homework with DS.

Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family