RBS Personal Loan

matrix999
matrix999 Posts: 1,537 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
Has anyone applied for a personal loan with RBS lately??

I applied today online and got the message

" We are delighted to inform you that your application for a loan has been agreed, subject to your paperwork being in order "

When i clicked next the screen came up with an error message saying that I would need to submit a new application.

So, i did this and got the same message " We are delighted to inform you thats your application for a loan has been agreed, subject to......... blah blah

I just get the feeling that there is something not quite right with the RBS site... Its not giving me any reference numbers re my application and it seems to do a credit check instantaneously. Is this normal???

Has anyone came across this before? The RBS loans dept closed at 4pm today, so may need to phone them tomorrow.

Comments

• I always found with them that afterwards they write/phone you and you have to got to the nearest branch (mine being 20 miles away) to go through all the paperwork they like prrof of earnings etc even on a loan of 2K so I didnt bother with them tbh. Have you tried tesco think they have good deal on at moment?
    Bex.x

Chloe 13 years old and Amelia-Rose born 4/4/07

Gorgeous Harry born 18/04/10 5 weeks early after a nine minute labour!
    MFW currently paying £200 extra a month.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure