We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Feeling very down today...

Options
2»

Comments

• chloebelle
    Options
    This is for you Amy :grouphug:

When I posted my SOA I felt really down, it was much worse than I had thought. However, I am slowy making small changes and the light at the end of the tunnel is slowly growing brighter. Its ok to have bad days, I'm sure everyone on this forum has had days when they just feel the debt-free road is too hard to go down.

Do you have a spending diary? If yes, take a page at the back and write down why you want to be debt-free. Is it to get a mortgage, be able to buy yourself some clothes, so you can sleep at night...??? Doesn't matter, have the aim clearly in focus and allow it to motivate you.

When I feel down I read the debt-free role of honour. There are people on there who have cleared much more debt than I have. There are also those who have cleared huge amounts in incredible times. Read their stories, it really proves that you can do it.

Its hard but I really think that if you want to get debt-free you need to be positive. Have a little mope, feel sorry for yourself and have a nice :coffee: . Then take a deep breathe and get back into that good frame of mind.
    :eek: Total debt £21,000 :eek:
    Weight loss to date - 2 st, 2lb:j
  • **Amy**
    **Amy** Posts: 2,680 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks chloebelle that smiley made me chuckle!!!!

Well i have spoken to the Landlord and he said he deffo wants me to work, so i deffo have an extra £60 a week now, which has made me happier... means that i can deffo sort things out.

xxx
    Debt: just my mortgage :D
  • Mupeteer
    Options
    Glad you've had a bit of good news Amy. There is always something you can do - and feel proud of yourself evertime you do something that will help you on your way to being debt free, even if it is just stopping yourself from buying a magazine or something simple. You'll soon start to notice the difference.

Good luck.
    Reality check - hit rock bottom on 15 Dec 2008 with unsecured debts of £29,136 and not enough money to live on

:j NOW DEBT FREE!!!! :j
    :oI try to take life one day at a time but sometimes several days attack me at once :o
  • chloebelle
    Options
    Thats great, glad you got work sorted.

Go through the forums to get ideas to make extra income. You can do daily clicks, online surveys, pigsback competitions, mystery shopping etc... There are so many great ideas on here.

I think its really helpful to set yourself a target. I have challenged myself to make an extra £100 a month on top of my salary. Everytime I sell a book on amazon or get some piggypoints I write it down, makes you feel so good! My challenge started on friday (because it was payday) and I have already made nearly £13!

Its great integrating this with my spending diary as I can see how the money equates. For example, I spent £18 on friday having a meal, but the £13 I have made has nearly paid for it, meaning I have only touched £5 of my salary! :j
    :eek: Total debt £21,000 :eek:
    Weight loss to date - 2 st, 2lb:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills