Fed up and worried of wrong pay

Options
I work at a small company where I believe the boss is deliberately paying the wrong wages each week.
I work 4 days a week and my total hrs are made up as 29 hrs standard and 4hrs overtime. (Although these extra 4hrs are paid at basic rate and that is the same for everyone working there who do full 5 days a week)
When he started his business 20yrs ago, he wasn't getting much work and their standard hrs was 36 a week.
Now he has more staff and work, they do a few extra hrs to make it up to a 40hr standard day.
Since the rise in the min wage and the succession of bank hols we've had, I've noticed my standard hrs are not adding up to 33.
For the past 3 weeks, he has asked us to come in an extra half hr earlier, because of the excessive amount of work he has taken on despite staff being off sick/on holiday or just walked out.
This effectively should make my working week to 35hrs over the 4 days, but as we are paid weekly, I noticed mine was 29hrs basic 3hrs overtime.
I started there last October and I've been in the office over the pay being wrong at least 4 times and there's always been a poor excuse of it being wrong.
I am getting fed up of this chasing up the difference from week to week and worried as I am in an IVA which means that my income has to be right each month and there's no genuine reason why it isn't.
I don't have very good health, that's why I work 4 days and ultimately don't want to look for another PAYE job because I would like to go self employed to cut down my work time, so that I can work around my health issues. PAYE jobs don't let you do that and after 27yrs of manual work, I am physical tired and it's impacting on my health. Also, the transition of a new job whilst your in an IVA is a lot of money hassle within itself.
I don't know what's the best way to handle this with him. I'm not sure if he can afford to pay properly or just doesn't want to, due to the increase in min wage and just decided to skim a bit off each week and hope noone will notice.
By the way, there's no hr/open door policy there either, to put this problem to.
This situation has been going off and on since October.

Genuine constructive advice welcomed.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family