Debt Management going horribly wrong......

Options
shadow81
shadow81 Posts: 53 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 18 December 2010 at 5:29PM in Debt-free wannabe
Deleted. User left Forum

Comments

• pandapaws
    pandapaws Posts: 2,119 Forumite
    Options
    I'm really sorry I can't advise on DMPs, but just thought I'd send my sympathy that you're having to deal with such a bunch of morons.

Have you tried speaking to Citizens Advice? And have Payplan spoken to Lloyds directly?

Good luck with it anyway, and don't let them get you down!
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi there, I cannot give much in the way of practical advice as I am not on a DMP myself.

However, I am pretty sure that if you are making all reasonable efforts to pay what you can afford (which you are) then the court would go in your favour if it got that far.

Also, bailiffs would not be called in until it had been through the court system, and prison is not an issue, so please don't worry about that.

Lloyds are just playing the tough guy in the hope you will crumble and pay them more, and I am sure others have had problems with them on DMPs. There is a letter that you can send that requests that they stop phoning you, and if they continue to do so you can report them for harrassment. I don't have a copy of that letter, but someone today is bound to be able to provide you with the details you need for it. It will at least stop the phone ringing.
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • sammy115
    sammy115 Posts: 15,267 Forumite
    Options
    Would a CCJ really be such a massive problem. Defaults are just as bad, they stay on your record for six years...

If Lloyds took you to court and believe me that would be their last resort and you had a ccj awarded against you you would then have no more interest and no more charges. The court would look at your income and expenditure and accept only what you could afford to pay.

They are more likely to send you to an internal debt collection agency before then and again they would be forced to accept what you are offerering.

They are just playing mind games at the moment, they are trying to wear you down into paying JUST enough to bring you back under your limit and therefore they can continue to add interest and charges and you are back within the never ending circle.

I would suggest you send a copy of your income and expenditure from payplan to them yourself - send it recorded delivery - so you can prove you sent it. Also send them a letter requesting that they only deal with you by letter via payplan as they have been instructed to act on your behalf. Explain to them that you will consider it harrassment if they continue to call you. (Try call barring and bar their number or get number recognition and put the phone down on them without talking to them).

Most importantly I am assuming payplan are making payments to them on your behalf. Do payplan issue statements showing these payments, as long as the payments are being made Lloyds really haven't got a leg to stand on.
    Good luck and if you need help there are plenty of people on here to help.
    Quality is doing something right when no one is looking - Henry Ford
  • sammy115
    sammy115 Posts: 15,267 Forumite
    Options
    PS I am pretty sure bailiffs would only come round if you defaulted on a ccj.
    Quality is doing something right when no one is looking - Henry Ford
  • immoral_angeluk
    Options
    Ignore them. Write them a letter asking for all correspondance on the matter to be sent to payplan and that you will not deal with them directly. Report them for harassment again. They're taking the p*ss. Have you told payplan what's going on with them?
    Good luck hope you get it sorted.
    Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • DebtFree2015_3
    Options
    Hi

We have been in a debt management plan with Payplan since January. I have had a CCJ against me from HFC and am awaiting a hearing for redetermination plus they have got a charging order against me!! Sadly different creditors act differently. Lloyds was one of ours and we had all of those problems with the statement where Payplan sent it to them 3 times before they acknowledged, then they only accept it for 6 months at a time. Once they accept it it is better.

A DMP may not be for you have you looked into an IVA with Payplan? They are very good for support and advice. An IVA should give you legal protection from your creditors even though it is a worse option than a DMP.
    Debts at LBM -November 2006 - £81,582.34 :eek:
    Debts Current - £24,000.00
    DFD - Was January 2015, Then - January 2014
    DFD - Now - October 2013 :D
    Proud To Be Dealing With Our Debts :beer:
  • papito
    papito Posts: 365 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Whatever you do, do not pay anything more than what is paid to Payplan or then you'll be in trouble. I am in DMP and had a few problems, just keep asking Payplan to send the budget, etc to Lloyds and everytime you talk to them don't get frustrated just say: "I can't pay, all my payments are made Through Payplan" and make sure you give them your reference number.
    As per DebtFree2015 said, I don;t think IVA is an option for you because you can only pay £60 a month and before £240. If you were in IVA before and now couldn't pay...THAT'll be a problem, so no worries.
    In worst case scenario and you are called to Court, Paypal will tell/guide you what to do and you'll be paying the same £60 to all your creditors.....
    BEst of luck.
  • shadow81
    shadow81 Posts: 53 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 18 December 2010 at 5:29PM
    Options
    Deleted. User left Forum
  • Morglin
    Morglin Posts: 15,920 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Let them issue a CCJ.

It will be set at what you can afford, and provided you pay it, they cannot do anything more - not even contact you.

The "black mark" won't last any longer than a DP.

Lin :)
    You can tell a lot about a woman by her hands..........for instance, if they are placed around your throat, she's probably slightly upset. ;)
  • Morglin
    Morglin Posts: 15,920 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Let them issue a CCJ.

It will be set at what you can afford, and provided you pay it, they cannot do anything more - not even contact you. You'll have to pay a small amount for court costs, but interest and other costs will be frozen from that point.

The "black mark" won't last any longer than a DP.

Lin :)
    You can tell a lot about a woman by her hands..........for instance, if they are placed around your throat, she's probably slightly upset. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure