What happens at end of Yorkshire Bank loan repayment

Options
I have had a loan with Yorkshire bank for the past couple of years. My monthly payments are £210 and I have £441 outstanding.

The loan was taken out in May 2013 for four years.

I was wondering if I will pay it off with a larger final payment in June this year or if I will pay in May, June and then a small payment in July? I went into a Yorkshire Bank branch and rang them up but they were very unhelpful. All they would say is they would give me a redemption figure but couldn't say what my payments would be! I won't be going with them again!

I can't see anything in my T&Cs to confirm what happens so I wondered if any YB customers on here had an idea?

Comments

• bengalknights
    bengalknights Posts: 5,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You would have payments of £210,£210 and £210 taken then refunded the excess usually
  • mcpitman
    mcpitman Posts: 1,267 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    When I finished my loan with YB, they took the standard monthly payments, then a lower final payment.

S0 for your scenario, £210, £210, then £21.

Suggest ringing them again and asking for further clarity, they will have a system they can look at to show you the payment scheme until the loan is paid off.

If you don't get any answers, ask to be transferred to a manager or the complaints department.

Persevere though, they do know the answers to these questions and they do have systems that tell them this data.
    Life isn't about the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away. Like choking....
  • Shakin_Steve
    Shakin_Steve Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    edited 28 April 2017 at 1:07PM
    Options
    Surely the monthly payments should have been set up so as to clear the balance over the loan period? I've had loans that had a few quid left over at the end of the term. It just.........disappeared.....as if by magic.
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • PeacefulWaters
    PeacefulWaters Posts: 8,495 Forumite
    Options
    Surely the monthly payments should have been set up so as to clear the balance over the loan period? I've had loans that had a few quid left over at the end of the term. It just.........disappeared.....as if by magic.
    Late payment interest and fees.

Maybe.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family