Salary advice

Options

Comments

• Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    You moved without an increment. Tough. Want more, look elsewhere.
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Options
    Oh, sorry, was that Porsche yours? I may have thrown it out thinking it was one of my old ones; I tend to get through five or six a year. I earn over £32K, you see.

Well that's not good enough. Luckily my custom Aston Martin is nearly built so I'm not TOO mad, but still, think about your actions in future.
  • Lioness_Twinkletoes
    Lioness_Twinkletoes Posts: 1,573 Forumite
    edited 23 April 2017 at 10:03AM
    Options
    2k difference? Honestly, I'd be SOOOO grateful for just £26-28k.....with so many of us (millions) on minimum wage-ish, and so many unemployed you should probably just be happy you're making that sort of money at all. It's so far beyond the dreams of myself (and so many I know) who graft day in day out....for years.

Totally and utterly irrelevant.

Incidentally, I am on £37k a year and ride a bike. Should I not have a Bugatti Veyron by now???
  • goatfertility
    goatfertility Posts: 42 Forumite
    edited 23 April 2017 at 1:12PM
    Options
    Oh dear - you really are completely up yours?

I came to UK with no English and a 1 yo kid under my arm.

Wow, so now you're also bringing a kid into it. You've sunk that low...

You keep on about hospitals - sorry to break your bubble but I have spent 15 years working in the NHS in all settings: primary care, acute and mental health.

Even more incredible. You're now also claiming to work in hospitals, but you seem to be utterly incapable of see any of the points I've made.

So REALLY - get your coat and stop trolling.

So to conclude, you've got no more arguments, your logic is weak and you know it. So back it is to throwing childish insults by calling people trolls again.
    What's amazing me is he's going on about his battered focus, but he actually bought it NEW Eleven years ago .

Nice alternative 'fact' you've got going. Are you illiterate? Or worse? I am owner #4 on the log book. Go find where I said I had my focus from new. Even your buddy gettingready doesn't come out with outright lies (I accept I could be wrong on that though)

My Micra is 13 years old. I bought it at 8 years old. Never had a new car in my life!

Your point is worthless because it's on the back of a lie i.e the false pretence that I had my focus from new

I am however on over 30k. Where's my damn Porsche?!?
    Totally and utterly irrelevant.

Incidentally, I am on £37k a year and ride a bike. Should I not have a Bugatti Veyron by now???

Nice generalisation you've got going there off the back of my earlier point. Like the others, you missed the runway by miles so therefore fail to make the grade. Kiddo. But do try again (but for the love of god, with the help of mummy or daddy PLEASE)
  • gettingready
    gettingready Posts: 11,330 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 23 April 2017 at 1:29PM
    Options
    Selective quotes, out of context - stop trolling.

You want hospital staff get paid more - I do not disagree they should BUT OP's (or anyone else's salary for this matter) has nothing to do with what others are paid so maybe direct your frustrations elsewhere.

People make their own choices in every aspect of their lives - that include choice of career and workplace and of course salary they are willing to work for.

You made yours - live with it or change it. Without attacking others for being ambitious enough and having the balls to go after what THEY feel is acceptable level of pay for what they do for 8 or more hours per day.
  • goatfertility
    goatfertility Posts: 42 Forumite
    edited 23 April 2017 at 1:51PM
    Options
    selective quotes, out of context - stop trolling.

waaaah he's a troll! Waaah. Troll is your favourite word isn't it. Speak for yourself and grow up

you made yours - live with it or change it. Without attacking others for being ambitious enough and having the balls to go after what they feel is acceptable level of pay for what they do for 8 or more hours per day.

So here with have it again. Your back to the same old 'ambitions' fallacy. For new starters on this thread, this is your idea that success is purely based upon ambition. Yes, just ambition alone! And that means that the 'losers' who're paid less than you are only in that situation because they're not ambitious. I've never head such....(expletive)

Let's face it, you're not a rich person. Nor am I. Yet remarkably, you've taken on the attitude that some rich have i.e they 'deserve' the money somehow even deep down they know they don't sadly. It's a way of making up for the personal insecurity of knowing that they didn't get there on their own steam. So let me spell it out to you again. Wealth and ambition do not always correlate. But you don't seem to be capable of such profound critical thought. You clearly just enjoy stamping on the people beneath you.

Which I think is utterly despicable.

^^^^^^^^^^^
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Options
    your point is worthless as it's based on the back of a lie.

Hahha it's not my fault you lied on this thread! You said you had it from new!!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72277279#post72277279
  • gettingready
    gettingready Posts: 11,330 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Your back to the same old 'ambitions' fallacy. For new starters on this thread, this is your idea that success is purely based upon ambition. Yes, just ambition alone!

.. and choices we make in life.

I had one child - my choice. That choice has allowed me to pursue my ambitions.

I have watched some parts of "Life on benefits" - enough said. Again, those people talk like you do, "circumstances". You create your own circumstances so should not be blaming others for it.

I have sufficient education (did not leave school at 16 but if someone did - there are adult education options in UK) and constantly invest in myself - putting time, money and effort into keeping up with my sector's qualifications/accreditations etc.

Being ambitions in life is what gets you where you want to be - and nobody said it is easy but it can be done. If one is ambitious (word repeated just far you).

But of course you would rather run the ambitious people down and blame all own shortcomings on "circumstances".

Keep it that way, it suits you.
  • parking_question_chap
    Options
    There really needs to be a function on MSE where posts can be deleted if they are nothing whatsoever to do with the initial post and just amount to people slagging eachother off.

Perhaps some kind of vote to delete function is in order.

OP, suggest you arrange a meeting with your manager and the next person up (ie budget holder) if necessary to discuss salary. You should clearly outline the reasons you think you are worth the extra money. Put forward in a professional way and even if its rejected there should be no awkwardness.
  • Ozzuk
    Ozzuk Posts: 1,884 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Goat, I think you are missing the point completely. The OP could have said the team was on 17k and they only get 15k, or 150k and they only get 130k. The question was should the salaries be more equal.

And that point has been answered, it isn't fair but it isn't illegal, and the OP hopefully has a resolution in sight.

I think there is another section on here for debates, you could raise one about the relativity of salary levels for different professions, though I'd suggest a less aggressive stance will help get your view across and promote discussion.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure