I've quit everything. Now what ?

Options

Comments

• anna_1977
    anna_1977 Posts: 862 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Okay.. just had to make an urgent dash to the flat .
    My washing machine and fridge freezer were delivered .
    The guys were awesome in every way. They even took my old fridge freezer away and undid the fitted unit as i had no screwdrivers etc
    I left stuff in original packaging , as I didn't want to extract the urine .
    Made sure I have them tip . Apparently I paid for service already .
    My friend will give me a hand on sat with installing etc.
    I'm wondering if rest of furniture will be coming today as well .
    Two different companies delivering , so I may be ok .

I mentioned long ago about my food habits . Yes , despite me being alone I do spend a fair bit on food, because of my allergies etc.
    Online is what I'll be doing mostly , so I'll be saving a fair bit anyway .
    I got a special discount code in a magazine I got regarding Ocado so it may be worth using . Can't rule out the above that you mentioned .
    Never been to an Asda in my life . That's down to location though.
    So far so good .

Ocado is not cheap, even with a voucher.

You;re v generous with the tipping but I'm not sure it's necessary when you should be watching what you spend.

Delivery guys sound really helpful which was great - I'm hoping there's some typo with the fact you left the packaging due to urine? It was a washing machine wasn't it? :rotfl::rotfl:
  • another_casualty
    another_casualty Posts: 6,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I believe so Anna :)
    Tipping those guys was the way to go . It's not about me ( for a change );)
    I could've got 2 unfriendly barstewards who wouldn't wait etc. I did well.
    The guy from d x with the qvc delivery was a miserable !!!!!! yesterday. He must be playing the leading role in les miserables.

TBH , regarding food etc. I will be doing what I'm told and keep a diary/ spreadsheet as to,how much I spend . In the past , I used to buy most stuff at the weekend, and bits on my way home from work etc.
    Of course we all know , that bulk buying is best with certain products .
  • anna_1977
    anna_1977 Posts: 862 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    definitely much more cost effective to do one weekly shop I agree

A couple years ago my Fridge/freezer broke within warranty - LG sent delivery guys to pick to up and deliver a new one which they did. A month later I get a letter from LG saying that they are billing me £1000 for the new fridge/freezer as I now have 2!! Cheeky delivery barstewards had told them I'd not returned the old one and probably either kept for themselves or sold one
  • another_casualty
    Options
    anna_1977 wrote: »
    definitely much more cost effective to do one weekly shop I agree

A couple years ago my Fridge/freezer broke within warranty - LG sent delivery guys to pick to up and deliver a new one which they did. A month later I get a letter from LG saying that they are billing me £1000 for the new fridge/freezer as I now have 2!! Cheeky delivery barstewards had told them I'd not returned the old one and probably either kept for themselves or sold one

Shocking. I'm sure you told them where to go
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Annoyed with qvc again . They send vague delivery times, and use. Poor courier cmpanies . Got text from phoenix courier. Should have been here between 1-2 and my stuff still isnt here. Theyll probably deliver it when i,m in my other flat paunting @ssholes !
  • copperjar
    copperjar Posts: 884 Forumite
    Options
    I must be a right tight !!!! as I've never tipped a retail delivery guy in my life. It wouldn't even occur to me! Or a workman I've paid over £5k in cash to already to put a new bathroom in (any date on when he will get you the new screen for the shower?)

Why are you waiting until you move in to write a budget? I've got a horrible feeling you will have less left than you think. Hope not. We're behind you AC but please stop all this knee jerk decision making and spending.

Ikea have brillliant storage solutions. Have you seen the PAX wardrobes? Can get to fit any size and really modern.
    [STRIKE]
    Total debt 1.11.10 £23,446
    [/STRIKE]
    Save £6k in 2015 #129 £6121.66/£6000
    Save £6k in 2016 #39 £6000/£6000
  • another_casualty
    Options
    copperjar wrote: »
    I must be a right tight !!!! as I've never tipped a retail delivery guy in my life. It wouldn't even occur to me! Or a workman I've paid over £5k in cash to already to put a new bathroom in (any date on when he will get you the new screen for the shower?)

Why are you waiting until you move in to write a budget? I've got a horrible feeling you will have less left than you think. Hope not. We're behind you AC but please stop all this knee jerk decision making and spending.

Ikea have brillliant storage solutions. Have you seen the PAX wardrobes? Can get to fit any size and really modern.

Hello copperjar :)
    You are all and always behind me and it means alot .
    If ikea can have stuff in a quick space of time, then my friend will be borrowed and we will do it.
    I know what i had to do . Ive actually cut corners with the kitchen for example . Its just that i had to do up the place from scratch .
    That unfortunately for me, costs.
    My idea( however bad it may be ), is to get everything now, and cut back drastically when ive got wardrobes etc.
    I have been on the internet relentlessly trying to get the best deals .
    I even walked past beales todsy, they have a 50% sale only this week.
    How was i to know ? Ive bern looking at ebay for deals.
    I will go to the british heart foundation probably sunday .
    The biggest single expense has bern the bathroom .

I had to tip those guys today. Karma can bite me in the @ss i know.
    They waited for me to arrive. They disassembled the fridge freezer which is something i was supposed to do. They had tools , i had none
    I was lucky . If it was dumped out in the street , i wouldve seriusly sruggled. I have 2 front doors to getbinto the flat. Then the hallway to the kitchen.
    Same with james : i tipped him. He saved me hundereds by arranging mr. Carpet for me.
    I treat people with respect that they deserve .
    There is a person on another mse forum slating the builder she used.
    She was talking pie charts , and pinching pennies rather than doing the basic common sense things that most of us do.
    She got slated by many.

I know its on my head be it . Yes im scared , but i have to make my new home a home. Ive saved on a sofa bed , by buying a top quality inflatable , saving space and cash.
    I still took my sofas with me and my bed .
    So i m having a go. I need a lot of luck, but also a little leeway imho.

I will let you all know how much i have left.
    What i do know, is since ive been here ive only spent on what you know. No mortgage and no bills to pay . Utility bills and council tax have been paid etc. So i know. Plus im sticking with freeview .
    I wont go on, but hope that somebody understands :)
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Sorry copperjar, but i never paid james cash. It eas all done via bank payment :)
  • copperjar
    copperjar Posts: 884 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry AC, don't want to be on at you! You really are doing great and have come a long way. 6 months and it's clear to see on here that your wellbeing has improved and you are much happier. Want that to continue for you as long as possible so it's important to keep as many pennies in your pocket as you can. Like I say, maybe I go the other way and never tip, you're definitely kinder than me. Don't be more skint than me though!
    [STRIKE]
    Total debt 1.11.10 £23,446
    [/STRIKE]
    Save £6k in 2015 #129 £6121.66/£6000
    Save £6k in 2016 #39 £6000/£6000
  • Worrierwalker
    Options
    Hi AC- it's your money to spend I know, and I know others posters have your best interests at heart. I also know how expensive furnishing a property can be, as I'm in the process of doing it myself. I just think get the very best you can afford and not something that'll 'do' until you can afford better as you end up buying stuff twice. Of course best doesn't necessarily mean priciest.

Sound like you've done okay so far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport